Looking at a Ruger Mk 1 for sale locally...

I have never had any luck put my MK II back together. The last time took 4 hours. I read the owners manual and followed the instructions, I watch videos and thought I duplicated their instructions and movements. I was holding the gun with the parts so close to being where they should be and all I did was turn my wrist and it seemed to fall together. I don't know what magic it takes but I don't have it

I've fired untold thousands of rounds through mine since 1982 when bought new. Beat up, wore out once and refurbished free by Ruger. She's had a hard life and been taken apart many, many times. Still shoots almost any ammo and runs like a dream. I will never part with it. I may restore it one day to it's natural beauty, maybe.

attachment.php

There's a Ruger Mk1 22cal handgun for sale locally for $250... How do you guys like your old Mk1s compared to the newer Mk 3 and 4's?
I keep looking at this thread and I have to say . . . . $250 would be the Best Buddy Price if I were a seller. If I could buy one for that price, I'd snap it up quick.

Back