Long live the KING

redhawk44p

454pic.gif

IMHO

Last edited:
I cant think of a single thing Ruger could have done to that gun to have made it any uglier, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Rugers intent was to make a gun with a finish that would be all but invisible to game in the woods. Functionality was the name of the game. If the army spent this much time worrying about how pretty their cannons were Hitler would be in the White House now. I can't believe men worry this much about pretty.

Looking down the barrel, lining up the front sight and bringing up the rear, to rest just below the shoulder of that 5 point muley.BOOOOOOOM>>>>>>>>>)))))))))> It drops like a ton of~~~~~~Oh,
yup sure looks Ruff and rugged . Thats the beauty
of the Ruger 454 & 480.

I just may need to get one at the gun show this weekend, if the price is right. Anyone know the cheapest source of 454 ammo out there?

Tonyz you understand! I would like to shake your hand. I must be getting old men used to see the beauty in the function of a tool. Now days they want pimp guns.
Stephen the cheapest ammo is at the end of a loading lever. If you shoot much they pay for themselves in a few boxes of ammo.

I took my brand new one to the range today for the first time. Very easy to shoot, recoil was easily managed (kinda like my S&W Mountain Gun in .44 mag). I am looking forward to white-tail season this fall!

what are you-all paying for the SRH 454 these days? I remember one post saying that the price dropped considerably at first b/c no one would buy them.

I paid $570 for mine. I had to wait to get mine they were back ordered.
I am getting ready to take it on a wild boar hunt in Tennessee. I can't wait.

While I really want a SRH .454 and .480, the king of six guns has to be Freedom Arms.

That and I want a 5 shot cylinder ruger. The walls are just too thin for me, I don't care what I read about the metal being "space age", I want lots of metal.

BUTT (actually it's the frame) UGLY

Just too ugly for me to buy.

Wish (wishwishwishwishwish) they would give me a regular (5.5" stainless) Redhawk in both.....

Back