Locations for Prairie Dog Hunting

Bass Pro shop near Denver

Last summer outside Bass Pro shop between I-70 and the store.
The Bolder Fort Morgan area is even more "Infested" They are everywhere.
Whole city lots are covered every 5-10 ft. with a hole. But they are off limits and you will be fined in the city limits for killing them.

Attachments

• Buttmunchers 036.jpg
    Buttmunchers 036.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 233
  • Buttmunchers 039.jpg
    Buttmunchers 039.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Buttmunchers 043.jpg
    Buttmunchers 043.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 169
colorado?

sorry fellas for showing up late to the convo. i just got into reloading my 300 win and have made up some light loads that i would love to try out on pdogs to increase my big game shooting ability. i am sick of shooting off a bench at the range as it just doesnt feel as applicable as offhand field shots at non stationary targets. i used to shoot small game with a 22 as a kid for the same reason and it really helped. i live in denver, anyone got a cheap and relatively close spot around? also anyone know a good long distance shooting range around? coming from dense woods hunting in maine and ny im at a real disadvantage on this one.

MB

Most of the open ground around Cripple Creak west of Col. Springs has Dogs. All Public land closed the end of feb. Private ground is open all year. You need a small game lisc. and permission on private land. I was never refused access when asking for permission on private ground in Col.

Very late to this conversation because I am brand new to this forum. I've been looking for places to hunt some prarie dogs and coyotes in CO (east of e-470) for a while now but haven't had any luck. Would love to be able to get on some land if anyone can help it's greatly appreciated.

Back