Loading my new 1858 New Army

Lube Pills

Doctor V, forget about the wads and the messy lube, buy yourself some lube pills to place between the powder and ball. No mess, easy to use, keeps your gun lubed and fouling soft. I have shot my 1858 with all the different methods, and the lube pills is the cleanest, easiest, and the most accurate. I have fired over 100 rounds in each of my revolvers, with no binding, no cleaning, no problems. If you need a supplier let me know.

yup lube pills

I'll second that K.A.T. Lube Pills nothin' better.
2j28gmw.jpg

Lube Pills

They are made of beeswax, and several other ingrediants, I think one ing. is called tallow. I'm not sure exactly what is in them. Smokin Gun and I have a friend that makes them and I get them from him.

They are a thin waxy waffer that is placed inbetween the ball and powder. It keeps the fouling soft, and keeps the cylinder and pin lubricated. I think there is several recipes floated around for them, and instructions on how to make them. They work great and you don't have a greasy mess.

I can connect you with my maker if you want to PM me.

Stop by Voy/60048 ask for Wayne(Lube Pills). His wife Junkyard Dog sells um. I make my own, but the recipe Wayne uses is tried and true. Shoot all day no binding, keep barrel clean, improve accuracy, don't melt down when firing. Pill on top of powder then ball. Anyway get ahold of me or K.A.T. when you are ready.

SG

Back