Linberta Semi Auto Review

dean1818

Good morning

Is there anyone that can give details or a review of their experience with the Linberta semi auto offered by Buds guns?

I have seen multiple threads on mulitple boards that say someone is looking at them and has bought one and will quickly post a review, but they never seem to write the review

Thr only reviews I see are all glowing on the Buds website....... (dont trust home brew reviews)

Unless there is a conspiracy that all Linberta buyers are snatched up in the middle of the night by secret government operatives, would someone share their thoughts?

As James Browns said..... "Sombody Hep Me"

Thanks in advance;)

You get what you pay for. In the case of Turkish guns, you actually get less than what you paid for.

My experience with Turkish guns as been two non-functioning Sarsilmaz shotguns, both of which had magazine problems, a monumental POS Regent R100 1911 that was positively in an unsafe condition when I received it (had to replace all the internals with GI parts to make it safe before I dumped it), and the ever-popular .380 Kirrikale Walther PP copy that never got all the way through any magazine that was in it.

If you want to take a chance on a Turkish gun that's your business, but I know that I will never have another Turkish gun inflicted on me. YMMV

Don't buy s turkish gun. I used a cz 712 that exploded because it fired out of battery. It was cheaply made. Look else where.

There are good Turkish guns. There are not good Turkish guns at a very cheap price (sound familiar?). Weatherby holds them to pretty close specs on the guns they impost for example. And the Dickinsons at Cabelas and the ex-S&W SxSs are also both very nice guns.

I'm not a fan of the Turkish made guns...including Weatherby.../ .....

Price isn't always an indicator of quality ....and you can't tell by looking at them or any shotgun externally if its well made or not....( its what is inside that counts )...fit, finish on internals - quality of the steel...can they hold the tolerances, etc.....

In terms of new semi-autos..... Browning - Winchester / Beretta both give you a lot of gun for the money ...and they both have some models new, under $1,000. There are also a lot of pretty good used semi-autos out there...( but you have to be able to evaluate them ) ...Rem 1100's, 11-87's, Browning Gold series, older Beretta 390's or even 391's, etc....for $ 400 - $ 750....

But I think any of these other options are much better choices...

I would truly like to get an American manufactured shotgun in Semi auto.

Other than one mil surplus, all of my guns and most everything else I can buy is American manufactured where I still can unfortunately that list is getting shorter

I want an inexpensive semiauto shotgun with a barrel of 20-22

With 2 kids in college, I can't swing (won't) at this time $900

I will pay a premium for USA made, but not over double.

That leaves me in Turkish shotgun territory unfortunately

I see review of the Mossberg 930 SPX which are so so, and it doesn't look to have an option over 18 inch barrel

Other than questioning my patriotism, is there anyone that has tried the Linberta?

I don't know about your kids, but I worked my way through college.

But, if your shotgun budget is "Turkish, then, by all means go ahead and buy one, and, if it works, have fun with it.

Browning - Winchesters....and Berettas ...that I suggested as better options are certainly not American made...

So I wasn't saying you should buy an American made shotgun ...if there even are any semi-autos that are us made ( maybe the Remingtons are us made )...

But rather than take such a big chance on the Linberta ...why not look at the used offerings and focus on Beretta and Browning semi-autos where you'll get a lot more gun for your money ? We all have budgets...so we understand...but spending $ 400 on what is probably a bad gun...is not good value.....unless you happen to get one that holds up decently.../ but with Turkish made shotguns in particular ...I think its a crap shoot.

I don't know how many gun stores you have in your area....but as an example, in my area, there are still a few of the Browning Gold semi-autos in 12ga ( now that model is only available in 10ga ).../ and the Browning gold in a 12ga had several models, and while it was removed from production about 3 yrs ago ......there were still a few of them, new in boxes, in the distribution channels for under $ 750....and you might try and find one of those .../ or look for a Browning Gold that is used....pawn shops, used gun shops, etc...most every larger city seems to have 1 or maybe 2 shops that specialize in the better used shotguns / they get the trade ins, the leftovers, etc...the kind of places most of us drop into once a week - just to see what's new that has come thru the doors...

A lot of guys that I shoot with ....have 25 or more shotguns.../ lots of them, they haven't shot in awhile....and if you were to post a note on a bulletin board at the gun club ( where skeet, trap & sporting clays is shot )...saying you're looking for a serviceable semi-auto, 12ga, 28"barrel or whatever...guys might give you a call.../ and every gun club has 1 or 2 guys - that know everyone's business...and who might be willing to sell a gun.../ you just have to ask around...and any guy that's been a member for more than 2 yrs at that club ...will know who that guy is....and tell you to call him.

Guys hang onto old guns....thinking they'll use them for young shooters coming up in the family, new shooter clinics, etc...and while some guys will never sell anything...at some point, we'll all have to get rid of that old stuff...:D

Last edited:
If you are wanting a tactical gun, the Remington 1100 and the Benelli M2 are the favorites at most 3 gun matches I have seen. A good used 1100 will work, and they go cheap with non vent rib barrels, and you can cut it to suit yourself. I have a 1963 Model 1100 that is still my 12 gauge clays gun, and a lot of shotguns, some costing 50 times what I paid for that one have come and gone in those 51 years. My kids are long thru college and I am not on a tight budget.

Thanks for the inputs, it looks like not many folks have tried the Linberta

I also will look into the 1100 and 1187 used

I have a Linberta and it works great for trap. The only thing that I do not like about it is the bolt release is very hard to push. And you have to push it to reload. Not good for 3gun.

I have a Remington M-5 in .17 hmmr, wood to metal fit, metal finish, are great.
A Verona 12 semi auto, works like a champ.
No issues with either, both made in Turkey.
Have a couple airguns made in Turkey under the Walther Talon name.
Best airgun value on the market including the German airguns for $200 bucks more.
There are crap firearms made in the USA. There ae great USA made firearms.
Samo with guns made in Turkey.
Many of the made in Turkey double shotguns compete well with USA doubles.
Just an opinion. I'd prefer to buy only USA made everything.

There are crap firearms made in the USA. There ae great USA made firearms.
Samo with guns made in Turkey.
Many of the made in Turkey double shotguns compete well with USA doubles.

I don't think anyone contends that some get a good gun from Turkey, but the issue is the likelihood that a buyer will get one of those. From the little the OP has indicated as to what he wants or needs, I vote for a used gun.

He may wish to say what the gun will be used for.

In the case of Turkish guns, you actually get less than what you paid for.

Not true. As mentioned above by another, the maker of the S&W and Kimber guns, and now thew Dickinsons and Weatherbys make excellent guns. You can get junk, just like you can here. Besides, an American name does not necessarily mean an American made gun

I was wanting it for another option for HD

Look at an H&R Pardner. Just got one from CTD for $135.00 shipped.

All steel and crude but highly serviceable. Apparently, according to reviews, when they break in they get pretty smooth.

Norinco stuff is much maligned, but I would take anything Chinese over Turkish any day.

Maybe you, but the Turks build great guns and I would go for one of theirs over ANY Chinese POS every day of the week

After having suffered through four Turkish POS's, you can have ALL of them. I'll still take the Chinese stuff any day. 25+ years worth of experience with Chinese weapons tells me that, at least, they are reliable, even if they're not "pretty."

"You get what you pay for; With Turkish guns, you get LESS than what you paid for."

Good luck with your Turkish stuff.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Don't need "good luck"; they have performed flawlessly for over three years now with ZERO issues. The Turks are where the Czechs and Spanish were a few decades ago - emerging with the help of new technology and doing a great job

Back