lifetime wheelgun.

I have a Taurus Tracker in SS with 6 1/2 in barrel in .357 this is a great gun shoots 2'' at 50ft w/ iron sights. The ribber grip is great, it soaks up all the recoil and the porting keeps the muzzle down. I shoot 158 gr swc lead (4.5gr bullseye) and 158 gr hornady xtp jhp pushed by 7gr bullseye(hot load). The cylinder has a detent latch at the front and the regular latch at the rear. this holds the cylinder real well. I paid $390for it last dec.
I also work with a gut who has a 4" barrel that shoots just as good.

The 6 1/2" has a vent rib the 4" does not....and it is 7 shot

Attachments

• m627ss.gif
    m627ss.gif
    34 KB · Views: 35
birdman

For me the 4" S&W Model 29 or one of it's variants is the way to go for all round versatility. With the available factory loadings in either .44 Mag or .44 Spcl. it will do all of the above requirements. Masaad Ayoob considers the 4" 29 to be the best for combination outdoorsman/home defense according to his article in "Backwoods Home" magazine. It will do anything the .357's will do and more and weighs only slightly more than the full underlug .357 guns. regards, birdman:)

Here's another vote for a 4" 29 or 629. I recently got a used 4" 629 and have been very pleased with its performance and accuracy. Typically I use 44 spl in it but it's nice to know I have the option of putting some real wrist-breaking milkjug-busters in it if need be. It carries pretty easily and is quickly becoming one of my favorite handguns. I understand there is a lighter Mountain Gun version that might carry even better.

Back