Life is GOOD

Well, I finally got the Blackhawk out to the farm in South Carolina. I reloaded about 75 shells with 180 grain JHP with 14.6 grains of Hodgson CFE and had a blast. I couldn't believe the damage this thing does. I had 2 beer cans filled with water, when the bullet hit, the cans exploded into pieces. On my smaller calibers the can usually has a hole going in and the back of the can is split wide open. Both cans exploded into pieces. I tried it on a couple of plastic quart milk bottle and got the same result. Pieces all over the place. What an awesome gun. I need to get better grips because the factory wood ones are too small and slippery. Spent 6 days looking for a hog not a single sign of one. My neighbor thinks its been too hot and they're hanging in the marsh or wet lands till winter.
I'm in SC too. Been looking forward to shooting some hogs with my .357. It got so hot, all the hogs did migrate into the deep swamp. After hurricane Florence, the landowner reported he was down in the swamp after the fast water rise and he saw 20-30 that got caught and drowned. I hated it but of course to a farmer, that is great news. The mosquitos are so bad right now, I'm not about to get out and hunt and its near the middle of November! I did hear cold weather coming next week so hopefully we can go after some hogs and coyotes soon. Hope you get to try out the 44 mag soon. I used to hunt with a 44 and its perfect for hogs. I'm trying to prove that I can do equally as well with a .357. Worked up some great loads, but now just waiting on the weather

Back