License Refused.

Not many computers in 76 Jim. But if I remember correctly this is one of things I had to get a waiver for when I joined the Air Force in 78. Maybe it found its way into a computer then. I'd pretty much bet the clerk is in the basement on this one. They have dockets on their website, but only back into the 90's. I was a clerk in the AF in the late 70's, early 80's, we were still using electric typewriters, and a navigator introduced the first computer to us, dot matrix printer. Boy filing those forms out now a days would be a breeze!

Sent mine in a month ago, but I used the old form and mailed it to the old Dallas P.O. Box.

Called ATF the other day and the woman told me to resend, but to the Atlanta address because that's where their bank is (?). I hesitantly sent it there and not WV. Hope she knew what she was talking about because I wanted to have my C&R by now, and I'll certainly be ****** if it ends up being half the summer.

What's the most recent someone's used the Atlanta box and been accepted?

I sent mine in in April (to Atlanta) and they cashed the check on 4/28 so I know they got it. Still waiting for the FFL.

C & R License?

It took just at a month for mine to process, even with them sending it back for a screw-up of mine, I forgot to list the CLEO name and address on the ATF part of the form. Fixed it and re-sent it, it arrived within a week. The nice lady I spoke to at Martinsburg, WV was the most enjoyable experience I've ever had with any government agency.

When I renewed last year, I managed to forget something. I called Atlanta and got a real nice person who told me what was wrong and we got me straightened out before the license expired and my new one made it to me p.d.q. I'd have to say my experience with them was a good one. It all starts with being very polite though.

The Doc is out now. :cool:

Just got my renewal

Hello All,

Got got renewal in the mail today. It took about a month total. I had a buddy certify my citizenship (WRONG) and got a letter explaining that it needed to self certify. I did that and received my new C&R about two weeks later.

I screwed up when I sent my request in, I used the old forms and sent it to the wrong address. Needless to say my request was returned. I have since resubmitted it to the right location. :rolleyes:

Update

It's been 8 or 9 months now, first a letter requesting more info was sent to me, but at the wrong zipcode. I have to prove that a 1976 Disorderly Conduct was not a domestic violence! The court record showing the charge was not good enough, I had to write the PD involved, the old microfiche was unreadable when reproduced, but the clerk sent me a narrative, which I have sent to the Dept of Justice. Whatever happened to assumed innocent until proven guilty? They are assuming quilt until one proves their innocence. With luck this will be the end of it though!

Woo-Hoo!

It got here today. :) Just the license form (the important part), it says the "welcome packet" will come in another week or two.

BATFE Clarification

I called the ATF's main 800 number this morning to clarify the correct address for new C&R applications.

It was explained to me that all applications are to be sent to the Atlanta PO Box, where funds are then cashed/deposited. (This is where the ATF has arrangements for the financial processing of the application.) The application is then forwarded to Martinsburg, WV for further administrative processing and ultimately, approval.

Seems unncessarily redundant, but that's what I received from the horses ummm, mouth.... ;)

Hope that helps someone.

Anytime a check comes in they process the check immediately. The balance of the app may be all wrong but they will take your money.

Just out of curiousity, are you guys not reading your applications? They state right on them the place to mail them too. I am starting to wonder how you got your application.

Back