With the exception of gun rights, do you align yourself more closely with:

• Liberal

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Libertarian

Votes: 45 55.6%

• Total voters
Didn't Bush say he would sign a new AWB? Yeah sure Conservatives are defenders of our freedoms. Just look at what Bush with the Republican congress has done in the last eight years. :rolleyes:

You should add "populist" and "moderate" to the options to round it out.

Careful, Go Slash. To some here, there's no such thing as a "moderate" either...:rolleyes:

I never thought I would ever be a one-issue voter but I am really struggling with the 2008 election. Gun rights really are that important to me.

Well, whether you're a liberal, libertarian, conservative, independent thinker, etc. it's heartening to see at least another American to take the 2A seriously. I have my own beliefs. I think your conscience will guide you to whom to vote.

To be honest, I think society in general has watered down the values of most of the classifications that there's really not a lot of difference anymore. Hope this will revert back to the way it should be within reason in the next decade or so....

My own personal belief is that I'm a conservative. However, like other classifications, it's been watered down or the very definition has changed. My interpretation is that if the term conservative is used in truest form, then actually it would have similar meaning to libertarian. I think the water is so muddy that the words to describe have no meaning anymore....:(

Case in point: If you were aware of my beliefs, I'm sure I'd be the guilty party as well. :)

None of the options fit me.

I'm socially libertarian. I tend to agree with the liberals (Democrats) regarding gay rights, abortion, etc. I disagree with the Democrats regarding the RKBA, and I disagree with Republicans regarding the rest of the Bill of Rights. :mad:

According to the political compass, I'm economically liberal. That is largely a result of strong opinions in support of environmental and market (anti-monopoly etc.) regulation, and opinions against corporate political influence and corporate rights being equal to those of an individual.

When it comes to choosing a political candidate to vote for, I'm pretty much screwed...

Back