Leupold Scope Stopped Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swifty

I've been using Leupold targets scopes since I was a teenager-40 years, any scope shouldn't continually maxed out in any direction. If your paying attention the turrets start to get tight when they're screwed all the way up on elevation or all the way out on windage, just because a scope isn't unbreakable doesn't mean it's a poor quality scope.
I've had to send plenty of Leupold's back that stopped tracking well but never from cranking the knob all the way out ignoring when it gets tight and just keep going until it breaks.
The gears eventually wear out if your cranking them up and down in tournaments all day at matches and nearly every weekend. On windage if the same scope is on a gun for a long time you end up cranking it back and forth in the same spot or around 12 clicks, the eventually start to strip out given years of use.
Leupold fixes them for free so I don't see where the complaint is valid, mechanical things wear out.
I can't think of very many mechanical products we buy that have a lifetime repair for free warranty, it's kind of crazy when you think about it, I can't believe people are complaining.

Thanks for the info. Just so no one misunderstands, I'm not saying it's a bad product, but the one I received clearly had a problem. It may be a defective example of a good product. I don't have enough information to say.

I do notice a lot of people complaining about tracking issues with Leupolds, though.

I've had to send plenty of Leupold's back that stopped tracking well but never from cranking the knob all the way out ignoring when it gets tight and just keep going until it breaks.

I've never done that either. Do people do that?

Now you've gotten the facts wrong twice. Nice work. Hard to believe an adult would do that.

Leupold provides a certain range of adjustment, and they don't tell users they can't use all of it. You may check their product literature yourself.

You are obnoxious and childish. The perfect forum troll. Why are you here? People like you ruin forums for everyone. Your posts are factually wrong, and they discourage other people, who actually have useful things to say, from participating.

Go vent on someone else. You are wasting your time if you think you can push me around with your rotten personality, trashy manners, and sparse mental resources.
I am sure Leupold assumes their users possess a certain degree of common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back