Leupold rifleman???

Bushnell Banner versus Leupold Rifleman,,,

I have an H&R Sportsman in .22 LR,,,
I mounted a Bushnell Banner scope on it and have been very happy.

Later I purchased an H&R Handi-Rifle in .357 Magnum,,,
The same store had a used Leupold Rifleman for $150.00 so I bought it.

HR-Both.jpg

I had always been happy with the Bushnell Banner,,,
But there is no comparison between it and the Leupold Rifleman,,,
The absolute clarity of the Rifleman's image took me completely by surprise.

It may be the low end of the Leupold line,,,
But it's a vastly superior scope over my Bushnell Banner.

Aarond

Doyle, I'm told the erector springs in an air rifle scope are heavier due to crosshair turbulation (forward & backward movement).

Toolman, you could be right - I don't know what pieces are beefed up. I just know that too many people make the expensive mistake of thinking that a cheap rimfire scope will work. They generally learn their mistake fairly soon.

Having just bought a new 557 CZ Carbine in 30-06, and having good luck with Leupolds, Bushnells, Burris's and Nikons in the $200 to $250 range in the past, I think I'll scope this one with something in that same price range--my scopes have had good clarity, decent dusk and dawn capabilities and are not damaged by the recoil---what do I gain if I decide to spend over $700 on a scope--

Is it just a slight amount of improvement or is the $700 to $800 scope really twice as good? In all honesty, I have never owned a scope priced the same as the rifle because I am not willing to pay that kind of money for the glass--so truthfully, what am I missing here --------?

Back