Let's See Your "Survival" Rifle

A .22 is not anywhere near my "survival" rifle profile. Not sure what your idea is, but mine is for "survival". In any area with any type game, I'll choose my Valmet 412 12ga over .308. With any typical ammunition it will take any game in N.A. and also protect me from any game in N.A. FWIW, that's my definition of a "survival" rifle. Your thoughts may be otherwise.... :D

Bottom rifle/SG here

Attachments

• 0303131308.jpg
    0303131308.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 74
My choice would be my Marlin 1894 in 357 magnum. I have round ball loads that will shoot in an inch and a half at 45 yards and full power loads that would take some pretty large animals if I watch the range and not stretch the shot.

My gun has the Ballard rifling and shoots lead bullets just fine. Plus I have a large stash of jacketed bullets. Lots of lead and several bullet molds. Cases, powder and primers. I can shoot this gun for a long time. Paired with a shotgun I could hunt for the balance of my life. Plus I would be well armed for defense.

For the small critter's -

And for the larger stuff -

And lastly for those rouge Zombie Elephants, Mutant Alaskan Brown Bears, or if we get any Rabbid Rino's around here I am all set -

MP94: Combo Shotgun/Rifle from Baikal 12ga over 30-06. Cant beat it, you literally have the two most versatile calibers in the world.

i always find survival scenarios humorous. Each of us thinks when everything breaks down, that we're going to feed ourselves with the little critters. Yet that's what each of your neighbors is thinking as well. There's not going to be a hare, squirrel, groundhog or any other four-legged protein source left anywhere once all this survivaling begins.

.....but two legged mre protein packs should be plentiful and easy to take with that .22. :)

What is this ".22 LR" caliber I keep hearing about? I haven't seen it in a single store in over a year. :o

From the looks of things, .22 LR may be to the general population what gasoline was to Mad Max in our dark and cloudy future. :eek:

A bow fishing rig would probably feed you better and quieter than any firearm. I love Legionnaire's 22 magnum / 20ga combo rifle and Diesel9's weatherproof Ruger .357s. Awesome choices. I'd probably take a Henry Youth Model lever rifle in .22 magnum for all around use and put more focus on fishing, foraging, and stealth gardening.

After thinking the whole survival weapon, my first pick for bullet proof versatility.........a Pre64 Winchester M94 30-30. Ammo availability, durability, fire power, and that it has taken every game on the North American continent. It has a proven track record.
Its the original assult rifle and has protected homesteaders as their one and only gun. One of John Browning's masterpiece can't be wrong.

Winchester1894net.jpg

Last edited:
Tough choice but if I could only take one it would prolly be this Henry 22 mag.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 34
22 single shot stevens..with no clip. easy to load quiet cb caps for small game or 22lr for larger game.. and My 44 mag with Hard cast 300grain keith style bullets for bear defense

But if your talking about an end-of-the world thingy where the government is going house to house like Nazis in Germany..I want an AK with an empty magazine so I can stand out on my front porch and get riddled with bullets so I wouldn't have to ride that one out.:D

Back