Lets see your Remington 700...

Ishyid

Show and tell time!!!

Post a photo of your Remington 700. Show us models far and wide. Show us your customization including stocks, paint jobs, barrel, or what ever else you can think of. End it with a little description of all the accessories you have placed on the rifle, and what you use it for. If you use it for tagets, tell us your longest shot. If you use it for hunting, tell us about your best kill with the rifle.

I'll start. I have a Remington Model 700 SPS Varmint chambered in .308 (wow, thats a mouth full), with a Nikon 4.5x14x40 Buckmaster mil-dot scope. Other than that it is stock. Just got the rifle by the way.

4269775917_625af3b11e_o.jpg

Cheers,
Joshua:D

Last edited:
Where's your 700? If you're gonna start a thread asking for pics of a specific model rifle, just seems proper to start it off with pics of your own.

Last edited:
Okay... I'll start

Ishyid: Nice rifle! What is the ammo holder you have on the buttstock?

Mines's a Remington 5R (.308) in an AICS stock, Sightron SIII 6x25x50 LRMD, Anti-cant spirit level, Burris Signature Zee rings, Burris 2-piece steel base, Rifle Basix trigger, Harris bipod. Only work I've had done is the lugs got lapped. No camo or 'tacticool' goodies etc because I only use it for 1000 yard F-TR competition.

Attachments

• 700.jpg
    700.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
brfman, I'm not sure what the brand name of the bullet holder thingy, but I picked it up at a local gun store for like $7. You can go on buds guns, and look under the different types of holsters and they have some there.

I like your rifle. A bipod is going to be my next investment.

Mine is a SPS-V with a Bell & Carlson A2 Medalist stock and pentax 4-12x40 gameseeker, got it about two weeks ago and am still waiting for the snow to melt so I can go break it in, hopefully thursday will be the day. My next purchase will be a good bipod followed by a Jewel trigger and better glass, for now though I think it will do just fine at takin out some yotes.

M7005.jpg

My 700P after my first home painting job:

Code:
http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p116/gdvan01/Painted%20700P/

700SPS1.jpg

700 SPS Tactical (20")
Manners T4
Nikon Monarch 4-16x40 SFMD (until I can afford to upgrade)
(Will update with post-paint job pic once I get it back from bedding and Badger bolt knob installation)

Remington 700 XCR in 30.06, sporting a Bausch and Lomb 4200 Elite with Rainguard.

Attachments

• rem 700.JPG
    rem 700.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 167
Remington 700 long action cryoed, blue printed, double bolt bushings, and bushed firing pin. Titanium firing pin with chromium silicon extra power spring, aluminum bolt shroud, and a BR cocking piece. Jewell trigger group.

Chambered in 300 RUM with a Broughton 5C ® rifled barrel in 1/11" twist with an FTE muzzle brake.

B&C Tactical stock with an Edwards recoil reducer, Pachmayr Decel pad, and Kevin Wyatt detachable mag system.

Optics are an IOR 6-24x50mm SF Tactical (MP-8 illuminated reticle) mounted to the rifle with an aluminum Picatinny rail and aluminum V-Tac Tactical rings.

Range4.jpg

Thanks Oly. It is a nice shooter, but a little heavier than my carbon composite barreled Spartan MK100A 338 Lapua Magnum rifle is which weighs 12.6 lbs with a sling, bipod, 5 rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber.

You wanna dance, you gotta pay the band. You wanna borrow, you gotta pay the man! (I wish this was my line but I stole it from Rocky Balboa :D)

Thanks Oly. It is a nice shooter, but a little heavier than my carbon composite barreled Spartan MK100A 338 Lapua Magnum rifle is which weighs 12.6 lbs with a sling, bipod, 5 rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber.

That's an amazing weight for the full rig. Very nice!

Cheers,
Oly

Well here they are my two 700's and i love each one of these guns. One of them is a 7mm Rem mag (the silver one) and the other is a 30-06 the (blued one). On my 7mm i mounted a 4.5x 14 mueller and on the 30-06 i got a whinchester 3x 9 for the brush. Killed deer with both these guns and wouldnt ever trade them for the world.

Pics didnt work the first time they will be up in a minute

http://s763.photobucket.com/albums/xx273/jbrill670/?action=view&current=DSC_0147.jpg&newest=1

http://s763.photobucket.com/albums/xx273/jbrill670/?action=view&current=DSC_0148.jpg&newest=1

sorry that you have to go to the website but i am having trouble with loading pics on the blog

Last edited:
Back