Let's see your... J frame, or any snubbie

Finally got a new host for my pics! Whew!

Here's a snubbie for you...

28667166DZRwaBnyOV_ph.jpg

Mike

Imagine a S&W M640

.357 factory engraved with Spegel ebony boot grips. ( I could have bought several cameras )
....dewey

I'm still confused on how to go about posting a picture on these threads. Ah well, wait for my younger cousin to show me how when he visits next week I guess.

Trapshooter...

I've never seen a silver colored 36. Has it been plated? Or were some made in stainless or chromed? (By the icon you used, I presume that you didn't like the grips?)

KR

Right, Tamara - - -

- - -And I've seen a couple of model 60s that had been buffed bright. Didn't care too much for 'em, though I think the Ni plated 36s are kinda nifty.

Best,
Johnny

I LIKE my 36...

And I think a ni model WOULD be quite nifty!
I'll look around. If "lots and lots" of ni models were made, there should be some nice used ones around. You know, one of those pistols which were taken to the range twice, and then cleaned and put on the top shelf of a bedroom closet. I love to find jewels like that!

KR

In 1976, I bought my wife a S&W Mdl. 36, 3" Heavy Barrel, nickel plated. It's her CCW revolver. (Along with an extra HKS speedloader.) She's very accurate and competent wih it.

J.B.

Kentucky Rifle...

Tamara is right. The finish is what S&W referred to as a 'Bright Nickel', if my recollection is correct. Stock from factory. I forget the digit following the model number (and my bride is asleep between me and the safe, or I could refresh my memory) but I bought this one from a dealer new around 1986. I paid 350, in the PDRK, of course. This was in the Bangor Punta days. I no longer have the box, but I am sure of that much. I bought my 29-3 at the same time. I carried this gun CCW in a Safariland hi-rise while there, but with the original grips, which I still have.

The Hogues on it now are a fairly recent addition. I havn't fired it since I got them. They feel fine, but I think they are out of proportion to the gun. I don't think they would CCW as well as the originals, but the orig. grips are really too small for my hand.

BTW, this is the square butt model, despite the rounded contour of the Hogues.

It's a handy little thing, and a good shooter. I haven't put that many rounds through it. (200-300). Just enough to get comfortable with it, and work up some good .38 reloads. Good reliable backup, and I have a speedloader or two I used when I carried it.

Love that no-brainer simplicity

Taurus model 85 Ultralite with custom rosewood grips. I carry Georgia Arms exclusively (125 gr Plus-P SJHP, 110 gr Plus-P JHP, 158 gr SWC) Weighs 17 oz and carries easily in an Uncle Mike's size 3 front pocket holster. Jeff the 22luvr

Attachments

• still life with handgun.jpg
    still life with handgun.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 60
Not the smallest or the lightest snubbie here but it is super comfortable and VERY controllable even with the full house .357 Mag loads.
Weigland "Tame the Beast" combat conversion, hybraported with combat trigger job ect., Houge coco bolo mono-grip.
SP101.jpg

Not the smallest or the lightest snubbie here but it is super comfortable and VERY controllable even with the full house .357 Mag loads.
Weigland "Tame the Beast" combat conversion, hybraported with combat trigger job ect., Houge coco bolo mono-grip.
SP101.jpg

ports.JPG

Back