Let's see your... J frame, or any snubbie

sox

I love these pic posts, like the ugliest revo, etc. But how about one dedicated to snubbies.

You Started This--You Go First!

sox- - -
That's not meant as antagonistic, but you've got a couple of threads going about "snubbies" and I think you should lead by example.

Really, I'm trying to make up my mind to get me a camera that does images-to-disk, so I can post photos with little trouble. It will happen, sooner or later.

I know your original questgion went to J-frame S&Ws, but do you consider a 3" K frame a snub? I think it's getting a little large, myself.

Anyhow--Let's see 'em.

Happy New Year!
Johnny

Unfortunately Johnny, I don't have the capability to post at this time. I am lookin for those exibitionist out there.

You asked for it. :D

Here are two of my "J" frames...a Model 640 "Centennial" with factory compensated barrel, and a Model 36 with 3" heavy barrel.

sw640cc.jpg

sw36.jpg

Nertz. i just got a snubby that's nib, and quite pretty. Just no camera. All right, I'll get one! Promise!

Lightsped, how about a different pic of those snubbies? I've seen them looking like that three times now. Not that that's bad, but variety is the spice of life, after all.

J frame, or any snubbie

Could open it up for a whole server worth of pics. J frames came in barrel lengths from 6" down and snubbies came in nearly all calibers.

Sam.....curmudgeoneristic ol coot.

Lendringser...

I just went and got my 36 and held it up to the screen for comparison. Aside from a one inch shorter barrel, the grips are different. Same checkering, but my pistol has a more rounded butt. I was wondering if you knew about when your's was manufactured? Were both styles offered at the same time?
That 3 in. "heavy" barrel looks pretty good too. I like that a lot.

KR

Salt,
You have to put the picture on a web server. It does not have to be part of a web site. I simply transfered the picture to a directory on my web space.

Click on the http:// button above.

Enter the full path and name of the file. To see an example, right mouse click on the picture of my portable cabin or one of the other pics. Click on properties and you'll see the complete path.

C.R. Sam

Thank you for the explanation. If the "square" butt model 36 was manufactured up until 1991, I ought to be able to find a used one in great condition. I really like that 3 inch heavy barrel too. I wonder if a heavy barrel will be difficult to find, as I have never see one other than in his picture? Lendringsers picture is really great. Made me want one like that ASAP. :) I wonder if 60's were made like that? SS would be really nice.

KR

Back