Let’s be fair about dead things on cars (New Hampshire)

My only complaint about people hauling their deer for the world to see is when the deer is on a hitch hauler on the back of a Surburban soaking up exhaust fumes on a 80 degree November afternoon for the 5 hour trip from the Texas Hill Country to Houston.

Then these same hunters say their deer tastes "gamey.":p

Also some of the processors around Houston mix all the venison together so you get some of the Surburban marinated venison along with your venison that you carefully quartered and packed in ice. :mad: Not that I use those processors.

On a side note. This morning, I picked up 55 rings of jalapeno venison sausage from my opening weekend doe processed by the City Market in Schluenberg, TX. mmmm mmmm :D

Schulenberg? That's sure the right part of the country for sausage making. If you know any of the Fertsch clan from around Hallettsville, they're my kin.

I guess what I've seen is the combination of environmentalism, urbanization and affluence leading to a lot of folks out in huntin' country who never really "learned how". Some of them drink when they shouldn't, or don't think about exhaust vs. deer, and don't really understand the ethics of the hunt.

For all we gripe, though, the doofus crowd seems to be a minority...

Art

Would it have been considered taking pride to mount them on sticks in a sort of "beaches of normandy re-enactment" display along the front of the garden, rather than bury them in the garden?
Har! My uncle always used to shoot the first crow of the season in his garden and hang its body up where the other crows could see it. He had zero crow problem the rest of the summer. I don't know if coons are as smart as crows.

Concerning deer on top of the truck, they are a lot less gruesome than 10,000 love bugs smashed on the windshield! :rolleyes:

You might be interested in the German hunting laws about stray cats.

Any hunter seeing a domestic cat more than 100 yards from the nearest house is required by law to shoot it. If he doe not shoot the cat and someone sees him not shoot it, he can be fined a nice hefty fine and lose the license that it took him maybe several years of nite school and $5,000 to $10,000 for class room fees to get.

If you ever have a chance to talk to a German hunter buy him beer and pump him for info until you slide under the table. Those guys are super hunters that know their stuff.

Okie, I don't know if the law has been repealed, but at one time the State of Wisconsin had a similar law on the books. Obviously not really enforceable in this day of rule by media and opinion polls.

This law was mentioned in an article on the state study concerning feral cats and their impact on songbirds. As many as one million feral cats in the state, and as many as 100 songbirds per year per cat...

Art

Back