Legal question about handgun accessories and configuration

"building", That's where it gets silly, attaching a vertical grip to an H&K with a light rail is like what, a 2 minute job with an allen wrench?

It gets sillier if you consider the vertical grip I was looking at has a thumbscrew on the end for tightening. Look ma' no tools!

I think that grip will just have to stay on the AR then. They'll just have to take my word that it's never been on the pistol, because there's no way I could prove where the grip has been, unfortunately. So if they want to lock me up they can whereever the grip is, because the vertical grip on my AR gives me the means to make a super-deadly Class 2000 mass-extermination device out of a .22 pistol.

*angry*

Question------

Could you not put that vertical grip on your pistol and just not leave your property???? I was under the impression that you could saw a shotgun off any length desired just so it did not leave the owners property.:confused:

No. It's illegal no matter where you are.

If, for some reason, authorities were on your property and they found it, it's a ten year federal sentence. No ifs, ands, or buts. Prison.

Same with AOWs. It does not matter where it is. Get the approval, get the tax stamp, otherwise it's a federal felony and you're going away.

I think that grip will just have to stay on the AR then. They'll just have to take my word that it's never been on the pistol, because there's no way I could prove where the grip has been, unfortunately.

Just make sure you don't have two vertical foregrips for your AR, which just happen to also fit your pistol. ATF considers that to be one legal AR and one illegal AOW, whether or not it is installed.

Back