Legal issues facing gun modifications

We are getting to the 'meat and potatoes' of the discussion now. That's great. There are some interesting points of view here. I would like to get some opinions or views from some legal minded people on this subject of modifications on a gun. (ie. LEO's, Lawyers, DA's, even Judges) Keep in mind that I do not have any ulterior motives behind posting this topic and I'm not preparing for anything, (like getting into any trouble). I am actually trying to do the right and legal thing in choosing the pistol that I carry everyday for self-defense. That's it! One of the reasons that I chose to carry a Glock besides the durability, etc. is because of the action and trigger. They call it a "Safe-Action". It's as close to a double-action only gun as you can get, but to me the trigger pull falls somewhere between a single and double action pistol. Also, you have to have you finger phsically on the trigger for the gun to fire. It also has 3 different safety mechanisms. Most jury members might be used to seeing a manual safety on a pistol and might question why the Glock doesn't have one. This is where an expert witness like a Glock armorer or Glock representative might have to be called to explain how the gun operates and the different safeties. Anyway, keep the good opinions coming. I really liked Jeff OMTG's post on 4-13.

I would like to thank all who responded with comments, suggestions, and observations. The info. was interesting and informative. I am going to back out of this discussion so it can continue of others are still interested in the topic or the moderator can remove this thread.

Back