left hand bolt for right hand shooters

I feel the same way joeb, but some changes and new stuff make so much sense they're intuitive. There's nothing to really learn. It's just a much more effective way to do things. If you try them you would wonder why you ever put up with how you've been doing it all these years.

Reflex sights are a good example. I've always hated lasers, and shot much more poorly with them. But I find that with a reflex sight I am melding point shooting with a front sight hold without missing a beat. There's nothing to learn. Just bring the pistol up and there it is floating like a HUD display. There's nothing to learn and no "skill" to master.

I was really leery about a left handed windage owning exactly 0 scopes set up this way. I thought I was going to have to un-learn/re-learn something. Once I started using it, meaning the very first time, it was completely intuitive and there was nothing to it. Generally the parallax is on the left, and you use that a lot more than dialing windage, but on my scope the parallax is another ring below the turret, so you just dial it before dialing the elevation, and don't miss it being on that side. In the first five seconds I was using it like I had been doing it all my life.

So...while I agree with you that it usually isn't worth relearning something that has been working well for you for years, some things (the ones you don't have to "learn") are really better.

On the flip side, I tried to learn to like using a cuff sling, and I CAN use one. But it's never going to be as fast, feel as comfortable, or offer a more meaningful degree of stability, as the "normal" slinging I've been doing my whole life. To me it's a big hassle without a benefit, and I don't think even people who use it exclusively and have "mastered" it will ever be able to use it in positional shooting faster than a sling without a cuff. Yes, they can get out of it just as fast with a QD, but getting into it is the issue. If you have to go from a slung position to an unslung one and back it just takes a lot more time to get that cuff above your bicep and comfortable than it does for me to flip a wrap around my arm or over my elbow. If you have time to mess with a cuff you probably have time to build a better position without the sling. To me sling support is for when you don't have time to build a more stable position, or it something weird, like shooting off a steep down slope.

So I agree, but I also try to keep an open mind.

I am a lefty shooter. All of my bolt action rifles are right handed. When prone shooting or bench shooting with a front rest, or bipod I can stay on the scope, and cycle the bolt with my right hand. As long as it is a short action. With a longer action you will wind up with the bolt hitting you in the face. With tbe CZ 527 I never have to come off the scope. Follow up shots are quick. With any long actions I have to move my face to cycle the bolt anyway.

Back