Lee Bullet Molds

I would give Titan Reloading a call and see if they will help you out.

I ordered some parts for my lead pot a while back and the pin for the valve came in wrong. The fella went in the back and dug through the bin and found the last one he had of that model and I had it in hand three days later on their dime, just from a phone call.

These are a true family oriented business as well and I will do any orders for Lee products through them from now on.

I'm like COZ, I like the nice expensive molds, but I also like to have production on the ones I simply want to burn through. It's hard to justify spending $150 or more simply to have something to go blow holes in paper with. Now for my hunting bullets that I shoot a hundred or so a year of not a problem. I know that sounds bass ackwords, but I don't worry if I don't hit a sheet of paper exactly in the kill zone....

Lee molds for the money they cost are quite good, I just bought one 6 cavity 452 255gr. mold for 40.00 for a quality mold from other manufacturers your looking at 100.00 plus. I have bought Lee molds for the last 6 years and most do need some attention to get to work smoothly, but once you get them there they are quite good at producing boolits. This last mold I bought was a pleasant surprise, I just heat cycled it 3 times boiled it in soapy water and rinsed it and hit it with brake cleaner and heated it up and it threw boolits with none of the problems Lee molds usually has, I must have got a good one. The one critical thing with Lee molds is you have to get them up to operating temperature for them to work right. many just try to use them at too low of temperature.

I would give Titan Reloading a call and see if they will help you out.

Mike, thanks a bunch, you've been a big help to me on bullet casting problems.

I contacted Titan by e-mail explaining my dilemma, Dennis e-mailed me back stating he opened their 44 molds inspected by Lucille and said they were the same as what I described, tooling marks all over inside the mold.

Dennis said he would be contacting Lee about the problem.
I told him as soon as he gets a good mold in without all the tooling marks to let me know as I would be placing a mold order from him.

I have all makes of molds and some are from Lee,lyman and RCBS and Mil and also NOE and have not had a bad one yet.It all depend on what you want and have money for and see what works for you.Good to hear that the OP is getting the help on the problem.Do like stated to get on cast boolit and there is some venders on there will sell molds that they have on hand that they make or can go with the group buy like was stated but be willing to waite for some time .

Are these chainsaw cut moulds 6 cavity , 2 cavity or both !
Blue Bell Ice Cream has a recall and now Lee moulds ...what's next............ Oreo cookies?
All my favorite things are taking a hit!

Are these chainsaw cut moulds 6 cavity , 2 cavity or both !

The molds I purchased were two cavity molds.
Per Mike's suggestion I contacted Titan Reloading and told them of my dilemma.

Dennis informed me he inspected the Lee 310-44 two cavity molds that were in stock and they all had the machining marks like the ones I received, his were inspected by Lucille also.
He was sending the molds back to Lee and was going to inform them of their problem.

Because of the concern Dennis of Titan Reloading has for customer satisfaction I will be placing a mold order of some molds I'm wanting with them as soon as they get a good 310-44 mold in stock.

All my casting gear is at least 20 years old. I have Lee, RCBS and Lyman molds. I found nothing wrong with any of them but I do prefer the Lymans to the others.

Hunter,

that was similar service to what I got as well. I called them about the stem for my pot, he told me to hold on a minute. Few seconds go by and he is back digging through a box of them asking what the one I was sent looked like. Sure enough they changed them up from the older style to a newer one and he had sent out the newer style. He said he was on it and let me go and the next evening it was at the house.

Glad you called them and they WILL be on top of Lee about the issue.

Back