Leaving the Father Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Hill,
Welcome to the 1911 family. I'm really surprised, in today's trend toward the Glocks, Sigs, Berettas, HKs, etc. and minor calibers, there are still fans of the 1911. Don't get me wrong, those Glocks are great guns, I have a G19 myself. But my main gun is a Colt Govt. Model. Also love the Browning Hi-Power. The new Springfield you referred to is a TRP "Tactical Response Pistol", I used to have one, had to sell for financial reasons. I loved that gun, it was very reliable and accurate. Have fun shooting it.

Mike Spight: Great to see you're getting re-interested in the 1911 again. You can't go wrong with either of those Baer or Wilsons. Are you planning to use them in IDPA? The Baer's Thunder Ranch model and the Wilson's CQB are very nice guns. The Kimber Gold Match is another good choice at half the price of the other two. Let us know what you decide on. I will be at the Rangemaster 2000 IDPA Winter Indoor Championship Match in Memphis. Are you coming?

Ricky:

Good to hear from you bud! Yeah, I sure would like to attend the Memphis match...do you have contact info? Please send via e-mail if you do. I was going to go to the IDPA Winter Nationals at the S&W Academy but it is already full.

Oddly enough, the Wilson CQB is the pistol I'm primarily interested in. I don't much care for the OD green bottom half, but would have to go with the Protector (more $) to have a totally black one.

But like I said...I'll still keep my SIGs and will shoot them in SSP.

Mike

George,
I always knew you were smart, you just lost your direction for a while. Welcome back!
"Kodiac has become a kinder, gentler bear"?
With a 1911 in yer paw, I don't think so. :)

Grayfox - Well - with my stainless .45's they dont have that nasty "Tactical" look...
So I LOOK kinder, and Gentiler - well - smooth grips feel softer some how...

cdf - Mein Bruder, bin ich froh, Sie hier zu sehen!

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

[This message has been edited by George Hill (edited November 13, 1999).]

Translations:
German (paraphrased)
So; That's too bad. No more H&K, instead 1911A1; I've never come across such an insult in my whole life!

Latin
Better late than never (refers to me; I'm always late for everything.)

------------------
"Potius sero quam nunquam."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back