Leaving the Father Land

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
I have forsaken Germany.

Since the early days of TFL - I have always espoused the HK USP, as well as other HK arms - and the other German companies arms...

As I mentioned before, I traded in my DA/SA PPK/S for a Kimber Pro Carry, a compact 1911 in .45ACP. I also have a pair of Springfields given to me by my parents. That makes 3. The odd man out was the HK. Well - Today I sold it off, and picked up another 1911. This one a stainless Springfield Government model... I dont know the name of the model - but its basically an FBI model, but in shiny metal and not blacked out.
Thats it... No more German guns... 2 years ago I hand ONLY German guns.
*Sigh*
Kodiac has become a "kinder, gentler" bear...
Must be getting soft in my old age.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

George mein freund, das ist sehr gutt !
Der 1911 ist der gun ter haft.
Alle udders pale unter comparison kompared to der mighty 1911.
Germany now ist "under" alles... ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

All the weapons here at Casa McC are made in the US. Got a bad case of the wild hair coupla years ago and sold off what wasn't US made.

Didn't mind parting with that Chi Com SKS, but the little French SXS that made me look like a better quail/dove/woodcock shot that I really am still hurts a little...

It wasnt so much a wanting of only US made arms - but a desire to rid my self of heavy double action triggers and such.
The excellence of the 1911 is unsurpassed. There have been many guns made like it, made after it, attempted improvements. Nothing has actually been made BETTER. Different - but not yet better.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

George, go & do yourself a favour & buy an LDA Para !
A 14+1 1911 & light DAO trigger = Improvement
You know you "want" to ;)

------------------
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

George:

I understand...although I sold my SA .45 and Browning Hi-Power over a year ago (own SIGs now) I've noticed a recent desire to get another 1911.

I won't, however, unload my SIGs...they're just too good.

Am thinking along the lines of a Wilson or Baer...even took a look at a Kimber Gold Match last night. A really fine pistol. I had never even looked at one or even held one previously.

Decisions...decisions!

Mike

George, Glad you been bitten by the 1911 Virus! Welcome aboard, bud! :)

------------------
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel!

Na, ja...Das ist aber schade! Nie wieder H&K, sondern 1911A1? Eine solche Frechheit ist mir in meine ganze Leben noch nie vorgekommen!!

------------------
"Potius sero quam nunquam."

Agreed on 1911s, George, I've packed one on and off for 30 years with few complaints.

And, while made in the US, current pet has British proofs and made in 1943. I wish that piece could talk.....

George, I suppose you gave up St. Pauli Girl for Coors, too?

HS, you sprechen ze reeel good Duetch. Weird how I, an American, could understand it...

George, you heretic! Bite thy toung!You sold off a PPK and a USP? And you broke the rule. Never sell a gun.
Greatings from the 10thSF

I am laughing over here.
I have been accused of insolence and being a heretic.
To this I plead Nolo Contendre.

Why sell off the 2 guns? Because the new ones are freaking expensive! Rule or no... Money is power - If you have enough money.

The LDA PARA was an option - but after feeling it - It felt like a freak of nature and I didnt want it in my house. The LDA is just not right. Its evil. A Double action should not feel like that. Besides, I wanted a SA Auto.

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Bobo & Longhair (sounds like a Cicus Act ;) ), there are 2 guys on my board that have just bought the LDA.
Unfortunately NONE have come into Australia yet ! :(
The 1st was Paraman, then Scratch.
Either ask the guys on their opinions on my Board or E-mail Scratch at scratc@lightspeed.net
I don't have anE-mail for Paraman.
Futo, watching MANY Hogans Heroes repeats over the years helped in der sprachen Deutche derpatment ! :)
Sawbones - HUH ?...LOL
And George, what put you off the LDA...
Couldn't cope with a 4lb DAO pull after owning all those Teutonic "fish scales" ? ;)

------------------
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

1911 = "AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL!"

Germans make fine products! There engineering reputation is spectacular; the best in the Eastern Hemisphere!

But nothing, I mean nothing holds a candal to JOHN MOSES BROWNINGs 1911! Best of everything! Trigger! .45 ACP CAL.! Straight Single Action! Slim Line Design! The list goes on and on...

The 1911 is a testament to just how much better AMERICANs can be when we put our minds to it!

If I sound ethnocentric, or patriotic, "ITs BECAUSE I AM!"

HOOYAA! to the 1911!

------------------
SURE SHOT

What I would REALLY LOVE:
For HK to make a 1911 Clone. I dont know why - just a "Cake and eating it too" kinda thing. I dont know if they could do it any BETTER - but it would just be cool.
So long as they dont make any changes like Smith & Wesson did on there version. Nice - but it isnt a 1911.
I also wish BROWNING would make a 1911 as well. Maybe they could buy Colts CNC machines since they are not going to be using them.

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

George,
H&K always???
Well, after awhile you will be bored and wander back.
1911s are nice,(I have 2)but they just aren't in the ballpark with the H&Ks or Sigs.

(you'll be back.....)

Yeah - thats why it said Brazil on the bottom... Like I said before - I did not so much care that it was American - just that it was a SINGLE ACTION 1911.

I like the 1911. Thats what I wanted. If I wanted a Made in the USA sticker - well, Ruger has those.

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back