Leapers scopes any good?

You are looking at two incompatible uses. Parallax is a big issue 22 ranges. A centerfire scope will be set to be parallax free at 100yds or more depending on the manufacturer. Most rimfire scopes and the Weaver shotgun scope that I linked are set to be parallax free at 50yds. Perfect for pinking with a 22.
The original poster wanted to know about .22lr & myself about .308 :)
Hope I didn't hijack this thread and ruin it for anyone.

The original poster wanted to know about .22lr & myself about .308
Hope I didn't hijack this thread and ruin it for anyone.
Oops I missed that. You really should start your own thread but I'll stand by my suggestions and add the Nikon Team Promos from SWFA.

Welcome to the forum.

You don't need to bring a 6 1/2 year old thread back to life to tell us about a cheap scope though, there are plenty of current threads that might interest you.

I once had a $600 Trijicon Accupoint 1.25-4x24mm on a $150 Marlin model 60. While you don't have to go to that extreme, your glass needs to be as good as the rifle's accuracy and use warrant, and some cheap rifles can be very accurate and have important uses. My new "minimum" the last 5+ years for ANY rifle, even a rimfire, is Nikon Prostaff or Nikon Omega or Burris Fullfield II or Leupold Rifleman. That said, the $120ish Weaver "Classic Rimfire" scope is good enough in my opinion.

I have had a very long relationship with a 9x Bushnell Banner. You can find them for 80$. Mine has held up to several thousand center fire rounds so far, o er the course of about 4 years. Nice scope, thick cross hairs can be annoying at ranged distance

Bushnell's AR optics are very nice, I muse the 18x on my go to rifle. Apparently the prices have come down a little, amazon has the 9x for under a bill
http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Zone...qid=1450232162&sr=1-5&keywords=bushnell+scope

Last edited:
Ok all- Rip me for this. I have a leapers 8-32 x 56 Mil Dot on my 223. Upgraded ( If you want to call it that ) from a 6-24 x 56. Which I had for 4 years, around 12,000 rounds. A few points I can tell you first hand.

The Glass- Not Awesome, But good. I can shoot as early in the dark as any High end scope- Did it for 4 years. I was usually the first one at the range at 4 AM Most times.

Durability- 223- 12000 plus rounds, only traded it to get more power

Tracking- There I would give it a Neg 100 for sure. Once you Zero that sucker- DONT TOUCH IT EVERRRRRRR. Now- Flip side- Once Zeroed ( Mine 200 yards).
I set targets at 100,300, yards. Worked on which Mil Dot I needed. Never EVER had a problem with that Scope. Took my first Yote at a smidgen over 300 yards with it.

This whole Hype of having to spend twice as much or more on the scope as on the rifle is BS. I do not recommend them by anny means. But if you are going to sight it in and use Mil Dot from there, they are just fine and work very well.

Now as Brian P say's- The Muller is a great scope also- I have a 8-32 x 44 on my 308. They track very well, but I hate the 44MM OBJ.

Ok- Trash me all, But keep in mind- I had and still have one on my 223 and have never had a problem with it. This is first hand experience not second hand from someone that has never had one.

Now to make sure you understand this- Tracking- Zero that thing and don't mess with it. Lords knows I know that. You can try 3 or 4 clicks up- Man you might be 3 feet to the right and 14 inches high:D.

I put a Leapers 5th Gen on my 308 bolt gun, works great and POI never change. I'm sure it will do fine on a 22 , but may hurt your self esteem when shooting next to a guy with a $400+ Leupold.

Decades ago I was a scope guy, on every firearm. Today, I prefer open and peep sights. But I do have a few new/current scopes. I like the value of the Mueller and the Nikon Prostaff I have purchased over the past year. Both exceeded my expectations by a mile. Mueller is on a 10/22 and Nikon on a CZ.

Nikon was purchased at a local gun store, Mueller ordered from Amazon. Both are crystal clear. At the LGS, I looked over some of the "less expensive" scopes mentioned earlier in this thread, and there is a very significant difference in quality level between those and the two I mentioned, albeit much cheaper in in price.

Back