Lead Bullet Ban in CA

SLOMountaineer

Our liberal governor signed a law banning the use of lead bullets for any type of hunting in areas of Condor habitat. Well the Condor habitat could realistically be the whole friggin' state! They say you can't even be in possession of lead ammunition when hunting in these areas or you are subject to stiff punishment.

I am so pissed I can't even see straight. So much for shooting even squirrels any more as there is no non-lead ammo on the market for .22 caliber.

I have 1000's of rounds of ammo that is now useless for hunting.

Gubernator.

Gary, the goober-nator may go, but the hard part will be finding a decent replacement. It's just to hard to imagine a functional candidate for governor in a state famous (notorious?) for it's reputation as a fantasy land. Even harder to visualize is a candidate staying in office long enough to clean up the messes already made.

I love ya' man, but it's about time to bug out.

BTW, watch your PM's tomorrow.:)

By the way...

BTW, does anyone else see this as the end for ALL traditional muzzleloading hunting in the state?
:mad::barf:

Yes I do. I actually see it as the end of ALL hunting in the state, period.

What if I go somewhere to target shoot...some overzealous F&G warden sees that I have lead ammo, then insists that I am hunting.

I swear, environmental wackjobs are ruining my life.

It's not the governator that's the problem.

The problem is the legislative branch that knows there is no real challenge to their majority, nor to most of their seats.

It's not the governator that's the problem.

The problem is the legislative branch that knows there is no real challenge to their majority, nor to most of their seats.

He could veto. The same with the microstamping garbage and the .50 cal ban. In NY we have the benifit of having an open enemy in the governor's office.

At least Arnold is barred from running for president!

Another step toward a 'back door' gun ban. To my knowlege there is absolutely no scientific evidence that banning lead bullets in Condor habitat will have any effect on the well being of the critters. Maybe the logic is that without lead bullets there won't be any hunters on less of a chance of someone shooting one????

The gun laws being created in CA become more and more bizzare all the time. I feel for those of you who have no choice but to live there and have to endure the nonsense.

I would hate to live in california.:mad::barf: Im glad im in michigan.:) At least there is copper bullets designed for game like deer like the x-bullet. If it wasnt for those, then you would have a hard time finding a bullet to use.

I think they SHOULD ban ALL hunting in California, then it can be a huge disater like the Angeles National forest.

So glad I moved from there.

Soon there will be health risks for animals from copper, brass, primer compound, wood containing traces of cosmolene, traditional wood finishes used on gun stocks, synthetic materials and noise from shooting.

At our gun range in Central California, we are located in the national forest. Which we pay for with our taxes.

We are not allowed to shoot on any of the four annual solstice/equinoxes for fear that the noise will disturb the spirits of the dead buried nearby.

This is true.

We are not allowed to shoot on any of the four annual solstice/equinoxes for fear that the noise will disturb the spirits of the dead buried nearby.

Can't you simply agree to stop if any of them show up and complain?

Back