LCR

The boot grips arrived yesterday. I don't like them. They're too small for me. Guess I'll stick with the factory grips.

You might want to shoot the LCR with them on first before judging. I thought they would be too small and slip in the hand when I shot it.....until I shot it. Just as easy to hold on to, same recoil absorption and no slip in the hand.

I've shot the airweight Smith & Wesson 44 magnum. And it's not even as bad as the 357 LCR with hot 158 gr loads, IMO.:mad:
The LCR is a great gun and crazy accurate for a sub 2" barrel. It also has an awesome trigger.

I love my LCR 357. I carry it IWB appendix and also in my fanny pack when I bicycle (bicycle cloths have little room for concealed carry). I have also carried it backpacking for protection against whatever (no griz locales). It also goes with me fishing. It is perfect for those purposes. I would not trade it or think of a better suited weapon for my purposes.

I am glad I got the steel framed 357, it is a bit heavier but it helps with recoil and I do have the choice of the potent 357 round if needed. And anyone who thinks the 357 is not more potent in a snubbie than a 38 needs to chrono some rounds. The 357 hits harder on both ends.

Do any of you guys shoot a lot of lead bullets? My experience with the LCR was it leaded up a whole lot, so I moved it on.

I'm with HighValley. Adding the LCRx grips makes it a much more shootable revolver. The 357 is less of a problem because it weighs a bit more. The 38 special LCR is very light. I couldn't control it well until I added the larger grips. Now I can shoot it as well or better than any of my other snubbies. The trigger really is very good for a DAO trigger.

Back