LCP vs PICO vs SCCY vs ?

I have a second generation original LCP that I picked over the LCP II, Pico and BG. It fit my hand the best, I like the double action trigger a lot minus the double reset although I've gotten used to that, and it's so thin and light I can carry it all day without even thinking about it. I use the flat baseplates which only give me about 1.5 fingers on the grip so it took some practice to get the hang of it, but once I shot it a bit I've found it to be surprisingly accurate. I had about two FTF's from a box of cheap Armscor flat nose FMJs but otherwise it's fed everything without a single hiccup.

I like the P238 a lot and it's objectively a better pistol, but I'm not too keen on carrying a single action pistol cocked and locked in my pocket.

It's not exactly on topic, but I've been poking around looking for a very small gun for a while. I've tried the S&W Bodyguard .380 and Beretta Pico, both mostly reliable but very hard for me to shoot well. I've given up on pocket carry in any kind of ordinary pants, even as small as these guns are they still take up a lot of space, aren't comfortable to me and frequently are still visible from the outside in dress pants pockets (which is about the only time I'd carry something this small).

I also have trouble carrying them IWB because the grips are so tiny and they're hard to get a good hold of.

I've recently discovered snub nose revolvers, and while still larger than guns like the Pico, boy they sure are easier to hold and conceal deep. I think it's mostly the shape of the grip and how it curves around -- can bury it under the waistband and still have something there to get a good hold on. Only 5 shots and I don't realistically think I'd ever reload one well under stress (hard enough without stress!) but I've had enough issues with tiny pistols (picky with ammo, prone to misfeeds if not gripped tight enough, etc.) that having 5 shots that I know will fire when I need them to is very tempting.

Anyways, just for fun, if you're looking for a deep concealment option you might want to really look also into these little revolvers. If nothing else, they're fun and you feel like you're in an old-school cop movie. :)

My vote would be SCCY for two reasons: a)double stack mag, higher capacity and b)hammer fired instead of striker fire and no i'm not biased i own striker fired pistols.

Back