Laws with black powder.

One thing some folks find not so clear with the conseal carry permit , it does mean what it says ...If you are carrying it must be consealed ..If it is in sight and someone calls the cops while you are in a store shopping because you bent over and the clerk saw the grips of your pistol ..The cops will come and you will be treated like a bad guy with a gun , untill they unarm you and you produce the permit ...just do what they say , and keep your hands far away from your gun ...( This happened to a friend of mine ) .. In this day and time I can understand how this would happen ....Dirty Harry guns are cool but very hard to conseal . It wouldn`t matter if it were a BB gun , You need to understand the laws ..and they do differ from state to state .

I have a Texas CCW, and take the classes regularly. Texas Law does not care what you load your cartridges with. A revolver is a revolver, and a semiautomatic pistol is a pistol. You could load them with nitroglycerine and the carry law is the same. Some local gestapos define the laws differently, so you are at the mercy of the locals, cause the Texas Rangers really dont give a hang.

m/l and bb guns/air rifles are considered firearms in NJ. and on top of that to buy a m/l or bb/pellet pistol you need to get a pistol purchasing permit to buy one. you can buy m/l online or in another state but for it to be legal it must be sent to a FFL etc.

B-P Carry

--Illinois law considers B-P guns the same as any other. If you are restricted from having "guns, knives,or any other weapon" then it's a sure bet a probation officer will have a keen interest in a B-P weapon also.
--Black Powder is also an explosive, regulated by the BATF&E, so walking into, let's say a court house would not be a good idea.
--There are so many different regulations that you should consider a specific area then serch for the answers to your questions.

Back