Large bore revolvers: Wood or Rubber when shooting?

Ill bet you a nickel that if you were to put a light glove on (where you couldn't feel what you had in your hand) and were blindfolded,,,,,,you couldn't tell the difference between rubber and wood..........

I shoot a .454..........

You know, the whole single action roll in the hand thing was designed for one handed shooting so the gun rolled in the hand for the next cocking action.

Because your other hand was expected to be busy with the reins or possibly, a saber!!

Wood for me. Feel good, look good, work good. But then all I shoot mainly is .32 H&R, .357 Mag, .44 Special, .44 Mag, and .45 Colt and black powder revolvers. I suspect if I moved into .454 territory things might be different.... But then why bother? I like to enjoy my shooting sessions, so I stick mainly to .45 Colt, .44 Special, and .357 loads with .22 and .32 mixed in. When I go home my wrist and hands feel just as good as when I came after a couple hundred or more rounds down range.

As you can see we all have our own opinion/likes/dislikes. I adhere to function over form too... but with wood (or even bone) I can have it both ways for the revolvers and loads I like to shoot :) . But plastic and rubber ... non starters for form.

Back