Korth is here . . .

Every part is machined from billet tool steel

Slight correction here. The frames are made from AISI 4140 steel, and the cylinders are made from AISI 4340. The barrels have at different times been advertised by Nighthawk as produced from either 4340 or Type 416R (stainless). While the steel that the current Korth company sources is of the highest quality, none of the aforementioned alloys are tool steels.

The Ratzeburg Korths were hand-ground from steel forgings of undisclosed composition with tensile strengths in the range of many true tool steels and maraging steels, which is part of why they're described as revolvers designed and built without consideration for cost. (And which, in turn, is why the original Korth company suffered multiple bankruptcies and was never profitable.)

Korth owner

As far as the tool steel goes, I was only quoting a description I read on the interweb, which was obviously not correct. For those of you who don't like the rubber Hogue grips; Hogue also makes a one piece wood grip in various types of hardwood, and then there are also wood grips made by Nill Griffe which are very nice. I recently got a set and this is what they look like.

20200407_094045%20%281%29-XL.jpg

As far as the tool steel goes, I was only quoting a description I read on the interweb, which was obviously not correct. For those of you who don't like the rubber Hogue grips; Hogue also makes a one piece wood grip in various types of hardwood, and then there are also wood grips made by Nill Griffe which are very nice. I recently got a set and this is what they look like.
[/IMG]

Wasn't trying to pick on you. "Tool steel" gets thrown around a lot these days, because companies know that it sounds cool to gun fanatics, and several have made liberal use of the term where it does not apply. Hopeless battle on my part, though.

Nice Nills, by the way!

Agree with bac, the original’s are a piece of art. How the hell can a maker of fine 1911s do that. Flame on

The logo is hideous, but Nighthawk isn't in this for charity work. The Lollar Korths definitely aren’t my cup of tea aesthetically, but they’re more finely made than any gun Nighthawk has ever produced. If Nighthawk's deal with the new Korth company allows them to etch that ugly logo on the guns, well, more power to them.

Last edited:
I have a 686+ S&W and a couple of Ruger Redhawks with spring swaps, well broken in, and the triggers are sweet, accuracy good, and at 1/5 the price of the Korths.

BTW, that first pic is absolutely the ugliest revolver I've ever seen.

Meh, I rather have a Manurhin.

Manurhin or Korth? It's really a matter of personal preference. I cant speak to the Mulhouse guns because I have not owned one. I have had two of the Chapuis MR73 and the end shake while maybe in spec was awful. Yes I could have put a washer kit in it but for that price it better be perfect. I would rather have a Lollar Korth any day than a Manurhin. Much better revolver. Yes I own two.
AS far as the railed guns they are very pricey revolvers intended for competition.
The average range plinker would not be able to appreciate them.

Last edited:
Back