Konus rifle scopes

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDN-MAN

I have a wife and twin daughters that = very little money :confused:
I have seen Konus scopes adds. Are they any good?
At least for a starter scope on a 30-06 rifle?
Thanks in advance for any info about Konus scopes.

STAY SAFE & KNOW WHAT YOUR SHOOTING AT

I prefer the Sightron offerings to that of Nikon, but Nikon is still very good.

You can get a Sightron 3-9x40 for 125 easily, and wouldmake an excellent 30-06 scope, beginner or not.

Nikon, Sightron, Burris, Leupold, Bushnell Elite.

Anything cheaper will only cost you more in the long run as you have to pay to replace it.

Jimro

??? ??? ???

I am looking at a 6x40 fixed scope. I don't want a variable power 4-9x or other.

I asked about Konus scopes. Not other brands. :confused:
If you go to a car lot and ask about a SUV, but get advise on buying a car or truck. Would you listen? :rolleyes:
Or ask the salesman to only speak about what you wanted to know.
If I wanted info about Nikon,sightron,burris,leupold,bushnell. I would have asked about them.:confused: :confused:
If you have no info about Konus then please do not post about other brands.

:) THANKS FOR ALL HELPFULL INFO :)

I dunno

I was recently wondering about both the Konuses & the Clearidges. Not sure.

But some peeps are definitely high on the Konus spotters as good values, for what that may be worth.

Sounds like the highly opinionated scope conesseurs haven't had any experience with Konus. I haven't even seen one at a gun show.

If you are budget scope shopping, you do well to actually go paw a few and look though them. Most of the cheaper scopes have shortcommings - you have to decide which ones you can live with.

Make sure to look through a few of the $200+ scopes while you are shopping as well - so you have a point of reference.

-tINY

Last edited:
Sorry, konus pro riflescopes got a "best buy" by an optics dealer I trust, his negative review was for the spotter scope.

The KONUSPOT spotter was cheap, and a big disappointment. Save your cash and look elsewhere for your budget spotter needs. It was dark, fuzzy, and a very uninspired sight picture. However, the opposite is true for the KONUSPRO riflescopes. These things are an amazing value for the money. Laser etched reticles, fully multicoated optics, illumination, decent 1/8 MOA clicks, and a bright clear sight picture. The 10x50 mildot even has 100 minutes of adjustment. So for around $99, you can have a decent hunting/plinking scope. Skip the NcStar, Leapers, and all those other guys - The KONUSPRO is LO’s pick for budget riflescope of the year. Sure, service is an unknown quantity, but you won’t sweat too bad for under 100 clams.

The quote is from Liberty Optics owners review of the 2006 SHOT show.

Like I've said before, my memory isn't 100% anymore. I still recommend getting a scope from a company that has a true lifetime guarantee.

Jimro

You've had people give you options to something you'd probably be happier with and you complain. You get what you pay for. Feel free to wretch all you want.

We recommended quality optics over the Chinese made stuff you asked about. We attempted to do you a service, and we shall not apologize for it.

Here ya go, the Konus is Chinese made trash. For a "starter scope" a fixed power 6x is a poor choice. A Chinese made 6x fixed is a poorer choice. I will refrain from recommending something quality, as you didn't ask for advice, you wanted someone to convince you it was a good idea to buy junk. More power to you.

Jimro

I would like to thank you for the info on Konus scopes.
I may get a more expensive scope sometime.
But right now money is tight. And my wife & kids come first.

THANK YOU

You can get a good scope cheap, shop eBay, 24hrcampfire, etc...they are out there. I have a Leupold M8 I paid 125 for shipped...good deals are out there.

Do not skimp on optics, its not worth it.

All BS aside, if you do need a good, inexpensive optic, Mueller, Swift, and some of Tasco's upper end stuff is decent. Also, you might check out SWFA's refurb and demo list at samplelist.com.

Liliysdad

I would like to thank you for the last post you sent.
As I said I want opions on optics. But I can't afford the high end stuff.
Not every scope is junk if it cost less than $500
And a rifle that is less than $1300 is not junk.

JUST MY THOUGHTS THANKS

Like I said, you can find decent low end scopes. However, I feel that 100 dollars is the floor for decent optics. I have yet to see a Chinese made scope like the Konus, that was worth the asking price.

NDN-MAN,

Check out this post I made at the rimfirecentral site:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175659&highlight=Konus

In short, when compared to numerous expensive scopes, even on my OWN RIFLES, my new Konus scope holds it's own and in some cases is better than glass that is far more expensive.

I am a huge Sightron, Bushnell Elite, and Burris fan. But for an economical scope with GREAT glass for the price, I'm not sure you can go wrong.

www.midwayusa.com has good prices on the Konus.

Sometimes I wonder if the people that bash other brands have ever actually USED the brand.

--Duck911

I refuse to use any Chinese optic based upon experience. I have not used the Konus in particular, but I have fondled several. I have used and trashed several other Chinese made scopes that were touted as being quality, and have learned my lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back