Kimber Pro CDP

"If you have money to burn, kimbers are fine. OTOH, you can get 2 Tauruses for the price of one kimber"

I don't own any 1911's, much less a Kimber, but I am familiar enough with them to know that the above statement is analogous to saying two Ford Pintos cost less than a Honda Accord. True, but why would you possibly want to drive the former?

I've been buying tools for 25 years. I have proven to myself over and over two things.

You get what you pay for.

Always buy the best tool you can get. Saving money on tools is a waste of time, money, and talent.

You can't do good work with a cheap tool. And sooner or later, if it doesn't break first, you're going to replace it with a good one. This is more expensive than buying the best to begin with.

Kimbers are not overpriced. They are expensive.

twin Sigs
Also a .45 in an ultra compact is not as effective because of the shorter barrel.
What's not effective? A .45 slug from a shorter barrel won't work? Huh? Mine is as accurate the shooter, and I'm sure that it would be quite effective if needed.

kimbers only have a 6 rnd capacity...
Wrong. 7 +1

straightShot

Well, I changed my mind!

I ended up fondling a Wilson Combat .45 and had to have it, so my Kimber debate is over. I racked the slide one time and it was so smooth and the fit and finish were excellent. Although I shelled out more money, I knew I would not regret buying a custom gun.

750 rounds later the gun has been virtually flawless. One less than perfect reload did not feed properly, causing the only problem.

Thanks for all of the feedback on Kimbers. Now that I have this 1911, my wife thinks she needs one!

I know that I am more alert shooting a gun! Sorry, I already mentioned that I bought a Wilson. The continuing posts led me to believe that I didn't put the debate to rest.

Harley Man

Back