Kimber or Springfield question.

From my experience,I would give the edge to Kimber,however,I
own a Springfield due to the lifetime warranty and great customer service. I have heard too many stories about Kimber's a--hole attitude,when it comes to customer service.
With a 1911a1 style pistol,you WILL eventually need customer
service,unless you just never fire it. It makes sense to have a good warranty with these types of pistols.
Before the 1911 crowd jumps my back,I love 1911's. I have been trying to get that monkey off my back for a long time.
There are better,more efficient pistols on the market,but I
haven't been able to make a full transition yet.

I sent Kimber an email late last night asking some questions about my new pistol. They responed at 9am their time morning and were very thorough and friendly in their reply.
Very happy with my Kimber so far.

Don't get me wrong guys, I wouldn't trade my Kimber for a SA loaded.

My Kimber Custom Classic outfitted with Novak bar-dot tritium sights. Fit and finish is more smooth/polished/beveled/melted than even the newer enhanced SA ILS loaded pistols. Best of all, it's no jammomatic. I've had only one failure to eject in 500 rounds of FMJ using the stock magazine.

One of the staff at the local range who carries a $2000 customized SA was quite impressed with my base Kimber saying "Wow, this is a stock trigger?"

As for poor customer service, my tritium sight installation was done with 1-day turn around. When I had to return it b/c it was shooting too high, they replace the front sight with same day service and shipped it back OVERNIGHT to Kalifornia!

And as for prices here in the PRK (NOW), the SA ILS Loaded parkerized with night sights in going for +$50 over a Kimber Custom Classic II. Considering the better fit and finish, match grade barrel, and adjustable trigger of the base Kimber, the choice is easier...

KIMBER

Back