Kimber 84L vs Remington 700

i have never fired a finer scoped rifle than my .308 r700. at 100 yards i can hide my group behind a dime and have room to spare. i remember when i was zeroing it in i hit the dead center of the target and shot again to make sure it wasn't a fluke. i couldn't see where the bullet hit and feared i was off the target somehow so i shot again. same thing happened. at this point i am terrified that i messed something up somehow. the wind picked up a little bit while i was shooting again trying to find where the shots were landing, this time i noticed the hole in the center all of a sudden got fatter. i had landed all 3 shots landed in almost the same spot. i was shooting with a sled of course.

Compact?

Isn't the new Kimber 84L supposed to be much more compact and light than others? I thought that was the niche that Kimber carved out...a rifle as compact as possible for the long action 270 or 30-06 or 25-06.

Is there a noticeable difference in size in the Kimber 84L to the other bolt actions in 270 (which is what I'm looking for)?

It doesn't matter the size of the rifle, it matters how the rifle fits you. All your questions will be answered in two minutes of actually holding the rifles. Get thee hence to a gunshop. Probably after Christmas.

Jimro

Back