Kentucky Residents ... Your Rights Are At Stake

that is the wrong direction to go....

you have not only the old farmers permission but precedent on your side... you have been shooting on his property before the sub division or the NJ pricks showed up.... I'd go over there and shoot once every two weeks just out of spite.

I'm sure this has been asked in reference to the KY problem... but I would bend over backwards to ask the offending neighbor what I could do to make them happy... just short of stopping shooting.... time of day/ number of times a week?

There's a fishing lake owner that has a small shelter setup just off the bank of their fishing lake (this is where the ground drops off and the bank is up high). They'll go out there and shoot into the side of the fishing lake's bank, I guess with just handguns. It's only about 15-20 yards max they have for this range. I don't know what the history is but I've heard people complained about it. This is sort of a rural area, but it's on the edge of the burbs and there are houses just across the street from the lake. I was surprised they setup that range there. I haven't seen them shooting in awhile, so maybe they made them stop. This is in southeast (more or less) Kenton county. I do hear gunfire in the neighborhood itself now and then. I guess some people down the road shoot on their own property too. There's a county sheriff's deputy that lives across from me. Haven't heard of any trouble from all the people around here shooting on their own place. Mostly people seem to leave each other alone.

First off, this guy is trying to impinge upon your right to shoot on your property. There comes a time when the situation defines you or you define the situation. You don't have to be a jerk about it, but you do need to defend your rights!

I would IMMEDIATELY file a harassment complaint against him. This will most likely cure ALL of your problems.

Secondly, you should, IMHO, have your lawyer contact the neighbor through the county guy and ask him WHEN an appropriate time would be for you to shoot on your property at least three times a week for a period of one hour at a minimum. If the guy comes back and says never, it then shows that he is being very unreasonable in his expectations. If he comes back with three days and decent hours for you to shoot, then there's at least a compromise that might work in your favor and please both of you. I would also get a video camera and record your other neighbor shooting. Then, walk over there and ask him to comment on camera as to whether or not the cops have been called on him.

Do NOT let this guy push you around like this. Not only will you give up your rights, you will also lose a lot of your self respect. Right is right, wrong is wrong. You've already stated that you fire responsibly and with concern for your neighbors. So take it as far as it needs to go. And remember, if you DO get to the point of calling the EPA when that jackwagon is burning his tires, make sure YOUR property is clean.:D;)

Back