Kel-Tec KSG: have you bought one?

TXAZ

If you have purchased a Kel-Tec KSG, would you mind sharing your impressions:
HD?
Hunting?
How do you feel about the price vs. value?
Would you buy it again?

While I haven't purchased one, I have had a chance to shoot about 100 assorted rounds through one. Would I buy one? Not at their current prices. Are they a viable HD firearm? Certainly, but you can get a shotgun that is just as good, plus ammo, plus training for the same price. That training will make you a more effective defender with a Remington 870 than spending all your money on the KSG.

KSG as a hunting gun? Nope, not a chance.

If the price came down a bit (if supply caught up with demand), then perhaps I would, but I am not too sure.

I wouldn't buy one if they cost $25.00 and came with a box of shells.

They might be great guns, but they're ugly enough to not get any consideration at all from me.

I think Keltec only made two of them, and accidentally sold one of them.

If they would get off their butts and make some more, I might be a little more interested.

Isnt' someone else making a near clone now also? I've seen their ads somewhere.

Whereas I appreciate the utility of the gun, I have no need of it. I am a hunter and limited to 3 rounds... so the KSG would require some serious plugging when a field!

My and my Dad had been following them and they looked pretty good. Have only seen youtube.com videos.

Although I have not held or shot one, I would consider if price was reasonable.

My take is yes, Kel Tek needs to ramp up their production! If they had 5k units flooding the market the price would drop and they would sell a lot.

As an architect, I like their innovative design and have seen no other advancements in shotgun technology aside from Saga in a long time. They are TRULY innovative.

Hire some more factory workers to crank out some of this stuff and I am a fan.

Just a note, put some lead weight or something innovative cause my 9mm Kel Tek kicks like a mule while other small nines do not.

Still a fan but p lease get your production in line with the press!

I have one on his way home... will receive it next week!

I live in canada, paid 1275$can for it (taxes and shipping include... the retail was 1175$... prices goes from 1099 to that from stores and up to 1500 from pre-owned)

BUIS and XTM handstop also on the way for this toy ;)

They are kind of interesting, but I haven't felt particularly compelled to own one. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think all my shotgun needs are currently met. And then some. Unless I decide that I need an O/U down the road...

They are kind of interesting, but I haven't felt particularly compelled to own one. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think all my shotgun needs are currently met. And then some. Unless I decide that I need an O/U down the road...

Everyone needs an over/under...

allaroundhunter said:
Everyone needs an over/under...

I know, I know. I'm sure I'll eventually get one. Just don't need one right now. Coincidentally, don't have the funds for one at the moment either. So it all kind of works out.

Kee Ess Gee at home!!! Will unbox it as soon as I get home :D

I will :eek: and :cool:

Edit: I were :mad: ... two missing screws on the right side of the forend. Now I'm seeking for two black button head m4x6 screw before testing it!

Last edited:
As an architect, I like their innovative design and have seen no other advancements in shotgun technology aside from Saga in a long time. They are TRULY innovative.

Google "neostad" and see what you get - it was out quite a while before both the Keltec and UTAS versions (and UTAS was out before Keltec)

Stevie: nah, about the same :D (US and CAN $ are really close... but we always pay more than you for the same product and we have more taxes) Current retail price here is 1099$ plus taxes and shipping if needed.

Got my handstop kit and buis... wait fot the cheek pad now (will get it today)!

Last edited:
I've been determined to buy a KSG for home defense, finally seen my 1st one at a gun shop last month, held it, loved it, had $600 to buy it...

... but they wanted $1300 for it.

I bought a 1911 instead.

No way I'm paying over $700 for a KSG or any shotgun, if they don't hurry up and build enough supply to meet demand to stop the price gouging they will lose my business for incompetence.

Back