Keep my Ruger or trade?

I guess I don't understand the question.
You're comparing random groups from different rifles of different calibers. The Ruger is more of a medium game hunting rifle using a fairly powerful round while the HOWA is basically intended for small varmints using a small caliber, low recoil cartridge.
Why would you expect the same accuracy level?

Cartridges generating more recoil might make accurate shooting easier to achieve but it has little to do with intrinsic accuracy. The same could be said about triggers: a good one might help the shooter get tighter groups but it has little to do with the intrinsic accuracy of any given rifle.

The .308 is a cartridge known for offering superb accuracy. Everything else being equal, though it will recoil harder than the .22-250, that factor has absolutely nothing to do with the intrinsic accuracy potential of any given rifle.

Keep in mind that the .300 H&H Magnum, a cartridge not known for its light recoil, chambered in the Winchester Model 70 rifle, practically owned the accuracy records at the Wimbledon high power target shooting events back in the day.

Well, if Toyoboy is still around and wants to sell that Ruger He should drop me a PM with a price. Maybe I can get it to shoot better than 2" groups.

ShootistPRS Well, if Toyoboy is still around and wants to sell that Ruger He should drop me a PM with a price. Maybe I can get it to shoot better than 2" groups.

Ditto for me. I'm willing to give it a go if he wants to unload it.

I tell you what you pay half and 'll pay the other half and I will shoot it for the first year then you get it for a year and we can just trade off. That will confuse the guys at ATF&E! :)

Back