Kahr fans

FYI, just bought ordered another P380 from Shoot Straight for $299 and fee shipping. About $569 from Buds. Black finish on Stainless Steel. Combat sights.
Comes with three mags.

Not going to bag on it, I've said I didn't like mine.

But since shoot straight is selling it, it might be discontinued.

Shoot straight is the new CDNN for discontinued guns. gun.deals only shows two elsewhere.

So you did not like yours? Lol, who cares? Read the title of the thread. It clearly said for Kahr fans. Yes, the model with the combat sights may be discontinued, but still same gun. I think their standard night sights are $38.00, but many are opting for the New Truglo.

Last edited:
Swing and a miss.

I mean the P380 is likely being discontinued as it's being sold low by Shoot Straight, the new discounter of discontinued guns.

CW380 can still exist without the P380. The P380 can be dropped.

Not a good or bad. It's just extremely likely given Shoot Straight is selling at a mega discount.

As I said, just the KP3834 but not the KP3834N. Note the "N", which stands for night sight. The P380 is not going anywhere.

And If someone can get a P380 for that Price which is a discontinued model only because of the sight, then they are getting one hell of a deal. These sights are easily replaceable.The gun remains the same. Or they can just go ahead and pay around $589 at Bud's for the Model with the night sight.
The KP3834 has been taken off Kahr website but not the KP3834N.

Meprolight Kahr P380 Front Sight, Green ML15139F.S
Front Sight Color: Green Rear Sight Color: No Rear Sight Additional Features: Front Sight Only $36.00 rear sight $56.00.

For myself, I will only get the front sight as I point and shoot and have blackened out the rear of most of my small guns. And the Front sight of the p380 is Dove cut and not Pinned like the CW380.

Basically you are getting a P380 for about the same as a CW380 but with 3 mags as opposed to one, the better machining and a life time warranty and the Lothar Walther Polygonal barrel and 3 magazines.

Last edited:
Yep. It's a deal for sure. Just like the Shoot Straight P99c before it was discontinued.

All models of the P380 looks gone everywhere on gun.deals

Lol, this is how Internet Rumors get started. And I think you enjoy this sort of thing.

I just got off the phone with Kahr. Talked to a young lady who said absoutly not. She also put me on hold to talk to management. He just laughed. NO they are not in anyway discontinuing the P380 line other than the the model without the Night sights. Demand is up. The only models besides the P380 without the night sights was a 40cal high end model.
The P380 is a Popular firearm. And for sure they are not going to get rid of one of their finer best sellers.

Last edited:
So you confirmed what I said.

What I was wrong about was all of the P380. I would push back and say, okay, where is the stock?

Good lesson to all. Shoot Straight selling one? It's probably leaving the line up

Nice, tell us how it shoots. A "P" model Kahr for "CW" or "CM" prices. Good score. The old "is the C series as good as the P series" Kahr question is moot if you just go get one!

Nice, tell us how it shoots. A "P" model Kahr for "CW" or "CM" prices. Good score. The old "is the C series as good as the P series" Kahr question is moot if you just go get one!
I doubt there will be any difference in shooting. I have been shooting the pocket guns very heavily and have been for over 10yrs. Love shooting them and Snubbies. For the small 380 I have started to move the training distance and drills to 15 yds. So will the Polygonal barrel shoot better or more accurately? We shall see. But I doubt there will much for defensive type center mass shooting. (Fast,Head Shots)
What is the benefit over CW will be the ability to change out sights rather than the Pin site of the CW, a life time warranty, better machining (which means nothing other than if you are a fan and I am). Pluse more Magazines (3 vs 1 on the CW) which I was going to purchase anyway.
I had planned on getting another Kahr 380 anyway, since I like having a carry gun and a range gun. I have three Beretta Pico's, two CM9's and 2 Beretta Nano's for example.
So, now I can buy a P380 for the same price as a CW, with the benefits for the same price. If I could afford it, I would buy two.

Last edited:
Please read the title to the Thread once more. This whole thread was for Kahr Fans and a good price on the P380.

If a person wants a LCP then there are plenty of them out there. This thread was not a comparison of two different manufactures. We get it, again. You enjoy hijacking threads.
This tread has run it's course. If a fan of Kahr's wants the deal going on now they know where to go. Sorry it has to end this way. Again.

Last edited:
I pocket carry both a CT380 & CM9. The CM9 has been reliable from the beginning. Kahr did right by me on minor repair/adjustments on the CT380 and it’s just as reliable now. I personally prefer a long double action trigger for my EDC, and Kahr’s have one of the smoothest.

Back