k11vsk31

I like showing this one. A gift from my Dad. Its an Officer's Issue k31 as mint as it can be with the accompanying Swiss Dagger.

newk31.jpg

k31dagger2.jpg

dagger.jpg
Pretty cool, eh? :D

You said that Simpson didn't show the caliber in its entirety - I would agree, and I will say that that is dangerous. Yes, people should research a firearm before they think about purchasing a weapon - which I'm doing now. However, some people would probably take Simpson for face value and not think to look at anything else. Its not very wise of them.

Simpsons is a very old and very reputable firm. The 1889 is a 7.5 Swiss, but the assumption is that there will be an enquiry and Q&A before a purchase. It would have come out that the caliber is rifle specific at some point.

The idea that someone would buy something as old, low volume, expensive, and specific without knowing what round it shot just doesn't make sense.

How many 1911 descriptions simply say ".45" instead of ".45 ACP"? Anyone buying a 1911 is going to expect the ACP round, unless you specify a variant in another chambering.

Just like if you're shopping for an early 60s Corvette and see a "283" advertised, you don't complain that it's misleading since GM also made inline 6s about that size. If you're buying an early 60s Corvette, you already know it's a V8.

If I remember right, the 1889, the 1911, and the k31 are all "7.5mm swiss" but the cartridge was altered for the 1911 to modernize the round. The case was lengthened slightly and the bullet diameter was increased to 7.62mm. But I could be remembering wrong. As to the 1911/ k31 choice. neither would be a bad choice, but the k31 will be cheaper and easier to find.

Back