Just wow, AR pricing!!!

I wish I had waited.

Hurts a bit, doesn't it. In 2013, I paid $175 for a BCG.

There are some nice deals around. However, the barrel specs on some of these incredible values make them seem quite a bit less valuable. A barrel in melonite isn't a pricey proposition, so why do people still buy 4140 phosphate barrels?

I have had all I want or need for quite some time. A few Colt SP1 rifles, a Colt Target and an odd child Double Star with a match trigger and 24" target barrel which is one heavy rifle. I have had the Colt guns well over 25 years and the odd child about 20 years. Also have an AR 10(T) so that pretty much covers my AR guns.

I believe 44Amp covered it with a market saturation and bubble burst. Today anybody who can beg, borrow, steal or rent a CNC Machine is making lowers and uppers and there is no shortage of parts to build the things. Compound that with a government much more gun friendly and here we are. :)

There are other guns I would buy or like to have before I ever thought about adding another AR of any type.

Ron

About an hour after posting I got an email from MidSouth Shooters:
AR 15 Kits
Build your own AR-15 with one of these Rifle or Pistol Kits. Everything that you'll need minus the Lower Receiver. Each kit includes an AR-15 Lower Parts Kit, a buttstock, buffer and buffer tube kit, and a complete fully assembled, headspaced and test fired upper receiver. Perfect for the Do-It-Yourselfer that wants to save money or just loves building AR's.

While only kits and not assembled rifles they have gotten very inexpensive. :)

Ron

Let me know when "Real" kits go on sale. I am still seeing Govt. M16A-1 complete kits at $700+. Makes one wonder what one is buying on sale.

Yep

DPMS budget ARs under $400. Delton ARs with Magpul furniture under $500. Definitely some great deals right now if you ever wanted an AR.

I thought I was getting a steal 2 years ago when my LGS had a truckload of "closeout" DPMS Sporticals for $425....now they are $375 on CDNN.

J

Built one a week ago, wasn't intending to but prices were so cheap I could practically build my dream rifle so couldn't help myself.

Anderson stripped lower
PSA lower parts kit w/ Magpul grip and JMT Saber trigger
16" Ballistic Advantage SS Hanson barrel in .223 Wylde
VG6 Epsilon compensator/flash suppressor
Aero Precision upper
MFT Minimalist butt stock
Tom's Tactical mil-spec buffer tube assembly
Tom's Tactical nitride BCG
Seekins Precision 15" NOXs M-Lok handguard

$825 total cost including shipping and taxes

Assembled it the afternoon all the parts arrived, haven't fired it yet but it looks awesome and feels great! No rattle or wobble at all either in the upper/lower assembly or the butt stock. That MFT stock is fantastic! The BA Hanson barrels come pre-drilled with a pinned gas block (you just have to drive the pin in yourself after installing the barrel nut) which is nice. Hopefully get to the range on Friday.

Be interesting to see if there is a run on them after today's news. Giffords is everywhere touting gun control.
I thought the same thing.

I think there might be some "dumping" going on by the big boys at below cost to keep the factories running and maybe drive smaller guys out of the market.

Don't I wish I live in New York that won't allow one unless it has someten rround only block installed or something like that. Ugh

But on the flip side, the C&R long rifles have gone through the roof. I wish I would have jumped on them when they were reasonably priced.

WWII C&Rs just ran out. Predictable and the early ones doubled in price the moment they were gone so I don't see why everyone is so surprised.

They are cheap. I get some sort of sales flyer with a very tempting deal almost everyday. Just can't make a choice. PSA has some insane deals and their higher tier packages have a decent reputation. Even the freedoms don't seem bad.

The used market is sad though. Most listing used guns for hundreds more than the same model is currently retailing new.

Not surprised it happened, obviously thats the only direction C&R could head but I am surprised at how quickly it happened.

Back