• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Just how senior is "Senior"?

:eek:

All I did was ask about a silly software setting, and I start a family feud!!!!

:D

Grumpy old men are sure fun, aren't they?

Er was that gimpy old men?

Shucks, Captain.

It's not a family feud. Just some good natured banter.

I've got more respect and admiration for C.R. Sam than for everyone else combined, and that's no bullscheissen.

Not a slam against anyone, or everyone, else, just the way things shake out.

Likewise.

cap'n - Grimpy? :D

Sam - "... I am not going to translate it for all you young snapwhippers."

I've already translated it. You were quite the rogue back then, weren't you? To wit, "Bird - eye- bird - scale"! Sam, you sly dog you. ;)

what?

WHAT???!!!

You think we're put here for your amusement, Calamity Jane?

Jesus!

Is that all you... (hold on while I balance this stick on a plate, which CR Sam will shoot, while blindfolded)... think we're here to do?

Actually, Mal, several noted scholars from the Smithsonian Institution have recently cast doubt upon whether that particular verse is actually part of the fabled Samhotep Inscriptions.

Famed Egyptian archaelogist Thpageti Thoth stands firm by his assertation that this particular verse is not a genuine Samhotep Inscription.

"Look at this," Thoth sputtered at a recent press conference, "It's two lines long! No one has ever found a genuine Samhotep Inscription longer than one line!"

:D:D:D

LawDog

""It's two lines long! No one has ever found a genuine Samhotep Inscription longer than one line!""

OH HOLY ****!

BBBBWWWWWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Sam's now not just an antiquity, he's a FORGED antiquity!

My Gawd, LawDog, I did not know that! Although I probably should have guessed it was a fake since the original Samhotep scribings never used any red ink. It was too hard to produce in that era.

This only goes to prove that the old axiom is true:

What's Thoth for the goose is Thoth for the gander.

Mal . . .

:D :D :D :D :D

On vacation, and unable to log on frequently.

Wonderful post -- and I didn't know the S&W's managerial problems went quite that far back.

CR Sam, the only man who can order dinner for six in just three words... Bring. Food. Now.

Yeah, rumor has it that Calvin Coolidge learnd his famous stingyness with words from his beloved grandfather...

...who took lessons from Sam...

...when he was a boy.

Oh. Yeah. uh, 1911! .308 vs. .223! Revolver vs. Auto! Col Cooper!

Just keepin' it gun related. Antiquities don't count!

Actually, that was a bit wordy for Sam.

CR Sam, the only man who can order dinner for six in just three words... Bring. Food. Now.

I'm thinking his usual meal order would go, "Food. Now."

Ok, maybe in an unusual burst of wordiness, "Food. Now. Damnit!"

Back