Just because guns...what ya got? (what ya want?)

Most of mine are just because I wanted it. Recently bought a 629 revolver, just because. I shoot paper targets and clay birds on the berm. It really kills clay birds, then shoot the chips till too small, then switch to a Henry pump .22(also bought it , just because) to shoot the small chips..

It's all good.........I am blessed!

Interarms Mark X 458 Win Mag. I'd have to download it from ridiculously overpowered to be just overpowered to hunt elk here in Arizona if I ever get drawn again. Just because it was $300.

Mannlicher Schonaur 1952 in 270. Just because it was $400. This one I can actually use though.

Savage 24F 223 over 12 gauge. Guess I'll have to do some high altitude remote varmint hunting. Yeah, I'll be 59 in November and need new hips. Any bets on that happening?

A collection of turn of the century art deco semiautomatic pistols in mouse calibers. I'm a revolver guy. How'd I end up with half a dozen semi's I wont use for carry?

Probably the same way I ended up with nearly a dozen turn of the century top breaks in mouse gun calibers that I'll never carry.

Just Because.

I thought my days as a thread killer were over. But apparently my black pen (keyboard?) is still killing good threads.

I would bet $100 that more than 50% of the threads I have taken part in end with one of my posts. You guys should ban me for the sake of the forum.

John, My thread killing rate is probably similar, so I'll save you on this one and take the hit myself;)

Another of my just because guns; a 1914 .38 ACP Colt Pocket Hammer.

Attachments

• Old Colt .JPG
    Old Colt .JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 16
I have a god size accumulation of pieces I have got over the years.
A few things I concentrated on like Lugers.
Other than that, it was just something I decided I wanted or stumbled over.
I recently bought one of the .22 survival rifles that store in the stock. Shoots well, but the new ones will not float like the old ones did.

Hubley "Pioneer"

Being the youngest of three boys, my older bros got their .22s years before I ever got mine. So, I had to settle for cap guns 'till I came of age. In the later '50s, my all time favorite cap pistol was the Hubley "Pioneer." It was a neat kid copy of the '51 Navy (with a fluted cylinder), and you even had to lower the loading lever to load a roll of caps. And as I remember, it was really reliable with most all brands of roll caps. That cap pistol must have been really popular, as they go high in collector prices for a good one these days, if you can find one.

The last firearm I purchased was about a year and a half ago, and very well could be the last gun I ever buy outright (still might trade across for something in the arsenal, though). That gun was an Uberti replica of the 1851 Navy Colt, .36 cal., with the square back trigger guard (the Hubley had the square back, too) in that great "fire blue" finish. It's a thing of beauty, shoots good (just like the "Pioneer"), and I've always thought (even as a kid, Ha!) that the '51 Navy is the coolest, neatest, best looking revolver ever produced. So, if the Uberti is the last gun I buy outright, I don't think I could've chosen better. Unless I try to find a Hubley "Pioneer" to finish off the arsenal...

And, just because :D

357 MAGNUM :D
357c.jpg

I don't over/under-torque hardware for vanity.
Why not?
I mean really, why not?

I'm sure that fine weapon doesn't live atop those ingots does it?

Slightly adjusting the screws, so they both point the same is just as much a part of staging a shot as laying the gun atop a pile of ingots.

Back