JPSauer Duraluminum Krupp barrel nazi markings Dated 23Oktober 1934

Jp Sauer & Sohn pistol

Sorry I took so long to post this. Here's the picture of the gun with the grips off. There is a hole in the center for a single screw. I looked very close with a magnifing glass it looks like there is threads but very clean and maybe not used. They are shiny. The two other two holes for the grip are perfect, not drilled and then a screw put in the hole. will post the picture now. If you look close in the pic you can see the date 28 Oktober 1934.

Attachments

• IMG_1546.jpg
    IMG_1546.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 123
JPSauer & Sohn pistol

I am in the process of tracking down Francis M Sturdivent or a close relative to find more about the history of this gun. Will keep every one posted. Thank you all for your interest. Its been in my family over 50 years.
Steve K.

Last edited:
Just one note. The screws holding on those grips look like U.S. round head machine screws. That leads me to think that the grips might have been put on in the U.S. or perhaps U.S. screws used to replace the originals. If possible, you might check the thread size of the screws to see if they are U.S. or metric.

Jim

Oldseal2,

thanks fort he photo of the pistol with grips removed. As there is a centre drill for the standard grip screw I believe we can forget the idea of factory made grips. It doesn’t matter. Presentation guns like this are normally based on factory standard guns and were amended by a local gunsmith or the like.

Most interesting gun – I wished, it could talk.

Regards

Martin

JP Sauer Pistol.

Hey Martin,
Wow I wish this gun could talk too!! Still going to try to find the man on the certificate hoping he still with us. My Dad passed in 1989. He was a very honest man and was so excited when the gun came to our home. My father spoke very good German so it was a special treat for him to own this gun. As far as the stories go, well your guess is as good as mine.

Ps I checked the holes and they are metric??
Steve

Back