Jerry Miculek

From the comments on the video link I posted above.

Jerry Miculek said:
There seems to be some confusion about what the balloons purpose is. It is more for the spotter to actually see if the target was hit or not than to actually aim at. That is why I go down range to show you where the placement was. A pistol does not fire anywhere near as consistently as a rifle at that distance so the actual placement is almost completely random in itself. As I said in another comment below, the spatter of the bullet is what caused the balloon to pop. You can not hear the ring of the steel at that distance. We have changed the title to clear up the confusion.

Certainly much clearer for the uninitiated watching the vid. Luckily, I had members on here to explain the goings-on as I don't usually read through vid comment strings.

Jerry is like unto a god for me. I'm impressed that he still loves what he does after all this time. His mag dump on a Barrett is fun to watch. His reaction (giggling) is priceless.

, but there is a new TV reality show that will be filmed this fall with the Miculek

Great, something to look forward too. I going to get someone to show me how to use the vcr so I don't miss any shows.

The guy is amazing. Never met him or talked to him but from what people tell me he is a friendly down to earth guy.

AND family ordinated (big plus in my book).

The guy in a machine when it comes to shooting, and comes with a since of humor.

I had the good fortune to see him in person, when he came to a nearby range to demonstrate S&W handguns.
He is everything that's said about him.
Entertaining, down to earth, very friendly and open, and, of course, a magician with firearms.

Jerry used to teach with his wife, Kay Clark Miculeck, daughter of the late Jim Clark and sister of Jim Clark Jr. I must say both are excellent and fun teachers. I learned more with them in days than I had learned in my prior life.

I saw Jerry on Saturday, just after he had a stage run that had some issues. The RM offered him a re-shoot, legitimately, which Jerry refused. The 30 seconds of penalty could have cost him the match, but he did not feel taking a reshoot was proper. He still won. :D

It is slated to be on Outdoor Channel, but it has not yet been filmed. That will be in October. From what I understand, you will really enjoy it. :D

Back