Jeremiah Wright is a USMC veteran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremiah is not only a patriot but a man who see things as they are for the African American community.

and is choosing to live as far away from them as possible in his new 10,340-square-foot, four-bedroom home in suburban Chicago.
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/0...builds-a-multimillion-dollar-retirement-home/
wright_house4.jpg

http://cancelthebee.blogspot.com/2008/03/more-on-jeremiah-wrights-luxury.html
Census data shows Wright's new neighborhood is 2% black and 93% white. Overall, Illinois is 15% black.

Wright is a hypocritical bigot. He is scum, a race baiter with no answers only accusations. I do wonder if this nation is so evil would he support a return of "his people" to the African nation of his choice... I doubt it. Of course he does not even want to live near other blacks, hence the huge home in suburbia he is having built for him by the church.

Sorry. At some point the black community needs to take ownership of its own problems and stop blaming everyone else for them. "The Man" is not sticking needles in their arms, breaking up their families and killing their youth. Discrimination should not be condoned but the use of it as a crutch is over as far as I and many other Americans are concerned. That though is all that Wright has to keep people listening to him. Hate and a sense of entitlement.

In addition I went to a diverse college in a major city.

Yep. That's what I thought.

Actually, I'm not trying to attack you. But the race relations in this country are bad enough without Wright making stuff up that never happened.
The problems hurting the black community are not going to be substantially cured by white people at this point.
But, unlike Bill Cosby for instance, more money can be fleeced out of the congregation by preaching what they want to hear.

Not to hate on any of you here, but I decided to go past the soundbites and *actually watch* one of his speeches, namely the one he gave to the national press club this morning.

Surprise! The man is actually quite brilliant, and most definitely a master orator.

He says a lot of divisive things, but each point becomes a premise towards an overall message of reconcilliation. If one were to pull a 30-second sound bite, one could pull it from one of the buildups (aka, totally out of context), put it in an endless cycle and portray the man as an evil, racist, antisemitic America hater or whatever.

Yes, a lot of his opinions are... debatable, but very few or none of them are utter blasphemy as so many of you think, especially when you hear his side of the argument.

So here I go: I am going to defend Reverend Jeremiah Wright. Before you lash back, do us all the service and actually watch one of his speeches, interviews, or sermons, from start to finish.

Jeremiah is not only a patriot but a man who see things as they are for the African American community. Just because he might say some things a little bluntly does not make them less true. Blacks have a completely different view of American and unfortunately little of it is positive. We all know the record on civil rights abuses against minorities in this country. Heck if I was black I would also be pretty angry at the social injustices my fellow people have suffered. I fully understand where he is coming from, and we need more people like Jeremiah in this country who will stand up and make their voice heard.

That's just liberal New England mushiheaded silliness. Have you ever even seen an African-American up close? ;) African-Americans have murdered more innocents of other races in the past ten years than were all the African-Americans murdered by other races in the past 100 years in the U.S.

Have you ever even seen an African-American up close? African-Americans have murdered more innocents of other races in the past ten years than were all the African-Americans murdered by other races in the past 100 years in the U.S.

Maybe that's why Barack Obama's grandma cringes when she see black people walking down the street. Oooh they're all evil and stuff, what with their snoop dogg and gaudy jewelry and gang signs... I'd better lock the doors and stay on this side of the train tracks.

You see if you watch Fox news you only are getting half the story.
And you got the other half on... BET? The Nation of Islam website?

Seriously, Mr Forwardassist, the "blame-whitey" attitude that saturates the black radical and extreme-left mindset is lamebrained, misguided, and wrongheaded, relying on the sins of ancient history to promote guilt amongst the innocent of the current generation.

In the past 50 years, in order to promote black fortunes, whites have enacted racist anti-white laws, mandated anti-white racist job quotas, tolerated anti-white racist student admissions under the Orwellian "affirmative action" auspices, enforced a politically-correct pro-black mindset through TV and other media, and quietly suffered endless anti-white venom from the likes of Sharpton, Jackson, Farrakhan, Wright and the millions that they brainwash.

Still the black race struggles at the back of the pack. Truly the white man must be mightier than I ever knew, that they can so easily keep the entire black race down without even trying or noticing.

Yep! Freedom of Speech!

If I was to go down town, jump on a soap box and start spewing that trash, I would most likely catch a rock in my forehead!:D

Then I would be halled off and charged with Conspiracy to incite a Riot.

and is choosing to live as far away from them as possible in his new 10,340-square-foot, four-bedroom home in suburban Chicago.

Wright's bigotry and race bating has become his meal ticket and CAREER. Just like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, he is a career proponent of class envy and race divisiveness because he makes MONEY from it. Nice house Rev. :rolleyes:

Being a marine doenst make him smarter, better, or more deserving of respect than anyone else. He worked a dangerous job for a while. So to cops, firemen, construction workers and commercial fishermen.

A racist bigot in a USMC uniform is still a racist bigot, and I've no feelings of respect for him.

Maybe if he were a "real Christian" he'd actually be out stoning people for minor offenses and other silly things the that Bible call for. Is that what your talking about?

I think this statement alone proves you don't know anything about what you are talking.

Christians never stoned anyone. Christians were the victims of stoning.

I think this statement alone proves you don't know anything about what you are talking.

Wow. Someone didn't do their homework.....

And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. Leviticus 24:16

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

If there be found among you ... that ... hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them ... Then shalt thou ... tone them with stones, till they die. Deuteronomy 17:2-5

A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27

It goes on and on and on and on....

DISCLAIMER: I've made my point and am not taking the bait from here, lest we wonder off topic and get it shut-down (again). Scouts Out.....

And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. Leviticus 24:16

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

If there be found among you ... that ... hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them ... Then shalt thou ... tone them with stones, till they die. Deuteronomy 17:2-5

A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27

:eek:

I knew I quit going to church for some reason!

right... they stuck to using the rack, slow impalement and other treats from The Inquisition. Then they hung "witches" and persecuted pagans.

There are two types of religions. Those which have accumulated enough power to and have persecuted others and those who have not accumulated enough power to do so yet.

Where in New England did you get your deep understanding of the black community?

Been to Boston, Providence, or Hartford lately?

I don't think that Wright is the issue. The issue as I see it is Obama's ties to Wright, if it weren't for Obama then Wright wouldn't be in the news.

I just love it when so called tolerant people are so willing to vilify someone because that persons message does not fit into their narrow POV. Well I am not going to debate each uniformed person who responded to my post, some of comments are beyond absurd they don't warrant a response, but I will say that you have only seen half the story. Some of the comments posted here clearly show some people only get their news from one source. If you want to be informed do a search on Mr. Wright, watch the complete videos of his sermons. Then we can debate. Otherwise your just wasting bandwidth.

Beretta686, you are citing stuff from the Old Testament. The people being referred to in those passages were Jews, as Christians did not exist yet.

Christianity is based on the life of Christ, and he did not appear until the New Testament. Christians didn't stone anyone, but they were the victims of stoning.

The rack and impalement are not advocated (or even mentioned) in the New Testament. That someone would corrupt Christianity by using such techniques does not change the fact that those techniques are not Christian.

But I digress. My point is not to go into the details of Christianity, but simply to point out that you don't know what you are talking about.

I think Wright has set back race relations foxr decades. If MLK were alive, he would probably slap him. IMO there are way more blacks that are racist than whites. It boggles the mind that the Detroit NAACP had invited Wright to speak. That says volumes. Buy I sure someone will come along and correct me and remind me that it is all whitey's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back