IWB holsters

Blade-Tech IWB FBI cant for SIG P226. No problemo. Quality, inexpensive, fits like a golve(molded). and will not stretch, loosen up, retain moister, smell, rub off on your clothes, etc..., like dead decaying animal hide.

I've done away with leather for holsters and weapon accessories along time ago.

I do still eat it though, meat that is....

The most comfortable IWB holster I have found for my Baby Eagle .45 (a full size pistol) costs $12. It is an Uncle Mike's #5. It is made of a soft material that, unlike leather or formed plastic, is very forgiving on the thigh area. I also don't feel that it creates more bulk than necessary. I am sure that a smaller pistol would be even more comfortable to carry with a smaller version of this holster.

YMMV,

Longshot

Sar,

You are getting a lot of advice here.
I primarily carry a P7-PSP. 4 years ago I bought a Galco Royal Guard IWB and found it VERY uncomfortable sitting in the car.
An experienced P7 carrying friend recommended the Kramer IWB. I bought the Kramer and it was a world of difference. I can carry the P7 in the Kramer all day in the car or otherwise. The main reason is the Kramer lifts the handgun higher. It has a small paddle for stability. Also the Kramer has extended leather to keep the slide away from my skin. After 3.5 years the Kramer still looks like new.

Hope you find a something that works well for you.

Regards,
George
In sunny Arizona

George,

A good point, a number of makers offer a "sweat shield" on various IWB holster that consists of a higher side on the body side of the holster to keep your skin (and sweat) away from the gun. A lot of semi's have some fairly sharp edges (unless you've spent the bucks for a "melt") and this shield protects tender skin from those edges as well. None of my IWB's have this shield and I can tell the difference between my Kimber Ultra CDP (melted) and my Combat Commander (stock) real quick if I get one positioned a bit off. (happens sometimes when in the car seats - depends on the design of the seat and how much "side bolster" the seat has).

Back