Iver Johnson .22 revolver info please?

I just found a IFJ 22supershot eight revolver while cleaning my fathers house. I've seen diff. values but I would like to find out when it was made. I know some were between 1931 & 1957. The ser# is 20110 found on the bottom of the trigger guard. Thanks

Welcome to The Firing Line!

Sorry I can't help with dating your IJ. I have a Target Sealed 8 and they are fun guns, but I don't get mine out much. If you open a new thread you might have a better chance at getting your question answered. Many will see the thread start date and not even open it. I looked only because I own one.

I wonder if this necro-thread sets some kind of record for once and done posters opening old threads? :)

how do i go about telling the age of my 22 supershot sealed eight

The first step is to list the serial number ("x" out the last two digits if you prefer) and give a few specific details about the gun, i.e. post some of the barrel markings EXACTLY as they appear, and tell whether it's a solid frame or top break.

Someone will look it up in Goforth's book and post here.

Remember, the number on the trigger guard may not be the correct number. Pull the left grip and post the number and any letter prefix, it will be stamped on the left grip frame.

Back