I've got an arsenal??? (Me???)

Since my ownership and use of my guns don't interfere with anyone else's rights, I really could care less about what anyone else thinks...

At first glance I thought the OP meant one of the best brands of AKM rifles,

such as the milled Bulgarian SAM 7F.

An arsenal of ammo is the result of following good advice Years ago, instead of waiting to React …when it's already too late.

I had a nice "arsenal" but they were all lost in a boating accident a few years ago. Now I just have the phone number to a crisis intervention expert.

I always get a kick when the news channels state things like "Criminal had an arsenal of guns" and they show 4-5 crappy guns on a table. I usually laugh out loud and at times my wife will retort, "That's not funny"!

I hate to think what the OP's friend would think of my collection of shooting tools! I don't think I've even bought a gun in over 3 years.

Somehow, someway, I still don't know how I did it, but I made a copy of my serial numbers and took pics of all my guns. I sent them from one of my email addresses to another of my email addresses to archive. I also sent a copy to a friend overseas. Oops! He was kind of shocked, but he understood a lot of my guns are hardly ever shot, and I collect them. He was a lot better about it than my sister ever was. All I have to do to trigger her is send her a pic of my AR or one of my .44 Magnums, and she flips out.

I was born and raised a redneck, grew up wanting to shoot but didn't shoot much because we were poor as church mice. I'm the oldest of ten (which is why we were so poor).

My grandpa, though, took some time to teach us how to shoot and I took to it like a fish to water.

Oddly, his daughter, my mom, didn't like guns very much at all but my dad did get some shotguns one year and he and I and a brother went duck hunting for a season.

One of my sisters is very anti gun but her daughter was a crack shot. I was teaching her how to shoot with a Beretta Minx when she was five and she did really well. As she got older, she would go hunting with her dad and did pretty well.

As soon as I moved away from home and had some money, I started my collection. I suppose it's an "arsenal" or "armory" now. I dunno. I just buy what appeals to me and I shoot what I can. Reloading helps.

I don't let many people know that I have guns. Except you fellow gun nuts on here and a couple of other forums!

--Wag--

There was a time when collecting them was quite normal and didn't raise eyebrows.

When Gary Cooper was introduced to Sergeant Alvin York, the agent noticed that you could get more noise out of two sphinxes. To break the uneasiness, the agent said, Mr. Cooper, don't you have quite a collection of guns? Sgt. York likes guns. Cooper led York to the gun room and the agent observed that they couldn't stop talking.

Don’t try to explain things, talk to your wife and ask her to no longer bring visitors to the basement.
And put a thick bolt on the door, to lock others out while you are there.
Explain it to your wife, and I’m sure that she will understand. You cannot trust people anymore, so protect yourself.

Last edited:
I don't have that many firearms. But my sister imagines that just one is too many and why on earth would I need one anyway... She won't ever listen to an explanation.

I watch too much news and read too much news and hear of the "large quantity of ammunition found" on such and such criminal... And I ALWAYS think to myself - a couple 100 rounds is NOT a large quantity of ammo..... really..... I go through that in a single trip to the range.... And so I don't ever mention my ammo store to anyone in any detail.....

Back