I've got a web page now. Feedback?

Hi Brett. Anyone willing to hand code HTMl, in my eyes, is bad to the bone. I, unforunately, am a wimp about this kind of stuff. On the other hand, my personal needs never exceeded Netscape Composer's capabilities either. So, that's what I use and plan to continue to use in the future.

Oh, and thanks for providing pictures of your house. Several friends of mine and I will be conducting a surprise home invasion now that I am armed with two good photographs of your house. I'd lock the fridge if I were you. (JUST KIDDING!) :)

Brett...
I just installed a 2nd hard drive on my 6 month old (and now a dinosaur) computer to hold the ton of sofware that I need to use every day. It was easy(?) and I went from 5GB (mostly used) to 15GB for under $150. Did it myself, yes I did. And it wasn't even that scary. 2 Beers prior (for bravery), a few more after (to celebrate), few band-aids on the fingers and earmuffs on the youngins for to protect them from my colorful speach when it got tough.

Lots cheaper than a whole new 'puter!
Geri Weaver

------------------
BlackHawk Authorized Dealer (BAD) - "Better than catalog" prices & free shipping http://www.geardup.com/gearedup.htm

Brett,
Nice web page. I haven't a clue, even a HINT of a clue about how to do what you've done! Congrats!

Dan,
I agree with your FIRST post (just above)!

Geri,
2 beers for bravery, a few more to celebrate...
I love it! My kind of computer people!!!

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited July 23, 1999).]

Frontpage leads to everything looking the same. Once you know html you can do exactly what you want. Keep away from Bil Gates and NT they are evil I tell you EVIL.
BTW don't take my site as an example, i'ts meant to be practical - quick loading not pretty for someones client to look at and say oh how great.
Im probably more fanatic about html Bill Gates and NT and the Microsoftation of the web than I am about guns.

------------------
New FREE Gun Auctions at http://www.gun-center.com/auctions.html

I found it pretty easy to build a web page using MS Word. Click file, new, web pages, then web page wizard and follow the directions. If you don't have the version of Word that has web page wizard, you can download and upgrade for free at MS. Once I got my page made the hardest part was figuring out how to use FTP. I got my FTP software free from Cute FTP, very easy to use. It took me about two days to figure it all out, but it was fun.

Geared Up! I hope it's still only me and one other person in the running for that t-shirt.
Took me a long time to find all those answers! :) small world huh?

OK, I see there are now 3 people. :(

I would advise TFL members to stay away from that contest, it is much too dificult.

[This message has been edited by walkin' man (edited July 24, 1999).]

Dang it!
joegerardi!
Rabbit Asassin!

You guy are letting slip TRADE SECRETS for coding HTML in word pad!

Now I wont be able to walk into a client's office, sit there on his sofa, and with a PALM TOP, code him a page in under 5 minutes while we're chatting about Quake or Cisco Routers or something... And produce the page like magic... You just broke the Magicians GOLDEN LAW!!!

Hex on Thee!

;)

Yeah guys... it works... durn it!

------------------
Every man Dies.
Not Every Man Truely Lives...

FREEDOM!

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Good news for current contest participants... my web host provider was burlarized last eve and the mail host server was stolen. So... I can't get mail through my POP accounts and I don't know how long it will be till I can. Even if there are new attempts at the contest, I won't know it for a while.

I think we made the questions just a wee bit too hard... so next time we *might* make them a bit easier. Oh, and that last entry tried ALL DAY to get the right answers.

If anybody is trying to reach me, PLEASE CALL. No mail host means no site updates, no order taking through the site, and I'm just a sitting duck. You may mail your tokens of sympathy (in 6 pack quantities please) to me at the address listed on my site.

Have a great weekend all! I'm on vacation!
Geri Weaver

------------------
BlackHawk Authorized Dealer (BAD) - "Better than catalog" prices & free shipping http://www.geardup.com/gearedup.htm

Back