It is time. SilencerCo Harvester 300 + Sparrow 22

There’s a reason the Sparrow dominates the 22 market. Ascent = Al baffles = :(

Having said that, my factory 22 can is a Spectre II. I also have a Form 1 can that’s just as quiet ...but it’s quite a bit bigger so the extra volume compensates for the unsophisticated baffle design.

The only reason I even own a factory can is because I had never fired a silenced 22 when I built my can, and I was disappointed it wasn’t quieter. I bought a top-rated factory can so I could truly have a quiet gun...only to find out that the problem wasn’t with my silencer but with my expectations. It turns out to be a blessing because it’s nice having two silenced rifles without having to keep moving the can between them. I keep the Spectre on my SBR 10/22 and the Form 1 on my Savage bolt action.

On a 22 can I would give up a couple of dB in absolute quietness in exchange for being easy to clean.

Last edited:
When I wanted to get a 22 can I went with the Tac Innovations Quest, it suits all of my needs and is great fun. I wanted a can that was user serviceable and would last a life time with me and my family shooting through it. The SS design is built for a lifetime of shooting and for me does not weigh to much out on the end of the barrel. The FRP is no louder than a BB or nail gun and does not raise any looks in my neighborhood when getting rid of critters in the garden. I am on the hunt for a good 30cal can but haven't decided what to get yet.

I figured I'd provide minor feedback, since the Tac-Sol Ascent finally came in.

Fit and finish were surprising when it came out of the box.
Machining and finishing are better than what I've seen in stock photos.
And the wrench that some people have complained fits loosely and skips teeth seemed incapable of such. It was, in my opinion, a perfect fit. There's enough clearance to deal with some minor dirt or residue from shooting, but it still fits extremely well with plenty of engagement on the end cap and thread adapter.

I'll let you know what I think about actual use after the long wait...
(Looks like I'll be lucky to take possession by October. I'm figuring on November.)

On a 22 can I would give up a couple of dB in absolute quietness in exchange for being easy to clean.

Yes! Until you’ve had to clean a .22 can, you just don’t appreciate that aspect. All that carbon and lead welded together.

I'm done playing around.
I'm done waiting.
It is time for some suppression.

Right there with you. Just threw down on the Omega 300 and the Sparrow. Maybe by Christmas. Fingers crossed. On the plus side.. I got to touch them before they went into hiding. :D These will be my first suppressors. Super excited.

"Subsonic will still be very quiet, CCI Quiets will be even quieter, and .22 Shorts will be quiet too."

I'd have to see it to believe it(the efficiency of a 2" suppressor that is). I shoot sub-sonic but I'm not willing to forfeit the performance lost to the lower velocity rounds. Unless used at very close ranges, dropping under 1000fps costs far too much performance. At 10' the velocity makes little diff but @ 100 yards it amounts to FEET in holdover. No appreciable sound reduction from our mufflers with Quiets vs 1050 fps sub-sonics.

Just to provide some data and a reference point, as time moves on...

The Harvester 300 tax stamp came in today.
Mailed 2/1.
Approved 8/8.
Received 8/14.

6 months, 13 days.

194 days, mailbox to mailbox.
188 days, mailbox to approval.

The way things are going, I'm starting to wonder if I might see the Tac Sol Ascent tax stamp before the end of the month...

My Griffin Armament Revolution45 is a really versatile and modular can. It was born as a .45 ACP specific can but with some piston, end cap and thread adaptor swaps I can run the can on my FNX45T, Uzi 9mm and my Ruger American 22LR. Granted I don't get full suppression when running optional smaller dia calibers but no matter what application I can shoot without hearing protection no problem even shooting Uzi 9mm supers.

I picked up the Tac-Sol Ascent 22 today.
Filed 3/2.
Approved 9/21.
Returned 9/28.

Yes, there was a delay between receiving and pick up. I was hunting. ;)

So, according to the magical internet "days between" calculator, that works out to:

203 days for approval.
210 days for receipt.

...Not much different than the Harvester 300; but substantially different than the Form 1 for the SBR. (96 days)

Back