Issue with new scope

What are the chances that its the scope? Maybe the Chinamen that made that Vortex didnt get his ration of tea that morning. I had a brand new Simmons that was bad and an old Weaver that was bad.
Curious to hear the outcome of this.

"The front halo ring is off center a bit as if maybe from a drop or a bump into something but that's it."

Please explain as I'm not sure what you're referring to.

The stamped sheet metal guard over the forward sight post is cocked slightly to the right so that the bead sight is no longer centered in it. The bead sight itself is untouched. As I mentioned above I believe it is merely cosmetic and does not affect the poi whatsoever.
I also replaced the2piece weaver with a 1 piece multi slot 20 moa picatinny. Hopefully the chinaman got his tea when he put it together. I'm waiting to hear back from the vortex rep as to when he can go over a few things with me.

Update: I finally got to the range today and got the rifle sighted in. Replacing the base seemed to do the trick. Don't think I moved the elevation more than 10 moa from center. Thanks for all the advice everybody!

Back